Thread: Hi to all

Smile Hi to all

Hi everyone, im new to these forum things so please bear with me. Im John from Penrith in Cumbria. I thought that joining a site like this would help me to make new friends and possibly empoyment within the field that I most interested in, game and wildlife management, particularly deer management.Living in Cumbria I am surrounded by areas with plenty of deer. Unfortunately most of these areas are privately owned or leased already making it difficult to find employment.Most of my time is spent working on the farm or out lamping foes and working my dogs. Currently trying to train a GWP as a deer dog, plenty of time for this as he is just 12 month old. Any advice or help from any members would be greatly appreciated.Having worked as a gamekeeper/stalker in the past I have used plenty of different calibers but have stuck with the good all round .243, just need to get a better scope for her. Nearly all of my stalking equipment had to be sold due to finances, slowly building it all back up but cant believe the price of stuff now, its scary!Enough of the waffling, hope everyone has a good day.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hello and welcome

Hi welcome and enjoy

Thanks guys. Looks like there is plenty of interesting reading/discussions throughout the site, I'll have plenty of questions and hopefully advice for you all.ATBJohn