Same old story!!

dan85

Same old story every time. As soon as doe season comes around, the buggers all disappear!

I saw plenty just before the doe season started. :eek:

Yup.. lots of the "Stalkers" round here have no concept of boundaries,, It`s not yer standard "poachers" Im on about,, these are Stalking types,,

Thats just terrible, I never would of thought stalking type people would be like that!

Are we talking of 'pothunters' or a quick drag into the van and away to the dealer for a bit of hip pocket wadding ? I have known of one or two characters in the past - at the far limits of the country from here - who were considered something above the ordinary in social circles but who would form a syndicate then rake the woodlands bare in the company of a 'friend' or two during the week when the rest of the syndicate were at work.
There's something about hunting and fishing which can bring out some extremely underhand or aggressive characteristics in some people.

Are we talking of 'pothunters' or a quick drag into the van and away to the dealer for a bit of hip pocket wadding ? I have known of one or two characters in the past - at the far limits of the country from here - who were considered something above the ordinary in social circles but who would form a syndicate then rake the woodlands bare in the company of a 'friend' or two during the week when the rest of the syndicate were at work.
There's something about hunting and fishing which can bring out some extremely underhand or aggressive characteristics in some people.

All types really.. we have the average poacher who takes somit for the freezer,, but the type that gets right on my tits,,well !,, they quite happily take a paying client onto land they have no permission on.. Almost all the places I shoot ask me not to shoot the deer, which I respect,, yet every place has the deer shot off it,, by stalkers who think the whole county is there playground,, and there source of game dealer provided pocket money !! Annoying to say the least.

I really did not intend to hijack a light hearted thread and turn it into a greivance,, sorry !!!

same here , i was out this morning saw 3 bucks, the buggers know , i am telling ye

One of the bits I shoot on is in the North of Cumbria, tonight I never saw anything until the last drop of light when lo and behold, buck walks out 200yds up the forest road on the horizon (impossible shot but lovely silhouette!) and I bumped five or so does on the way back to the car, had the crosshairs on two of them watching me broadside on at 40 or 50yds trying to make out what I was as by this point it was almost too dark to see without knowing what you were looking at. Bet I don't see them after Monday!!:rolleyes:

Same old story every time. As soon as doe season comes around, the buggers all disappear!

I saw plenty just before the doe season started. :eek:

Out earlier and had a doe almost run into me they will be harder to find come the 1st as always.

Back