Strange place Devon

Last boxing day whilst out on our pheasant shoot in Devon we came accross this Walaby wild in a field of kale. It was on the back end of the bad weather and looked in good condition. This in its self is a little odd however we had a report from another farmer in another part of Devon who told us a black deer was hanging around with a heard of cows. We thought he might of taken on board a little too much West Country champagne until we passed the field some weeks later. There in amongst the cows was the fallow spiker, what is even stranger is there is no fallow in this area nearest we can estimate are 8 - 10 miles away.

Now I am not originally from Devon but have lived here off and on for the last 20 odd years and things have changed a little in that time so unless I am becoming a Southern Jessy or have taken a little too kindly to the Cider I find these pictures a little odd you decide!!!

All the best gents PC

walaby.jpgCow deer.jpg
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::doh:

The question has to be, are walabies legal quarry as they are obviousy an alien species? if so, with what calibre (shotgun or rifle), what condition on a ticket would allow them to be shot? can they be taken at night with a lamp?
I would assume as they are not a anative species and are obviously causing crop damage that they would be fair game?
Must take a bit of practice to shoot one with a riffle in the middle of a bounce:rofl:

Tikkat3

If they taste anything like Kangaroo they'll taste awesome, rate it as the 2nd best meat I've ever tasted - I virtually lived on it in Oz 5 years ago!

Tom

My assumption would be that the Fallow had escaped from a collection where it roamed with cattle..?

Does that mean it will at some stage do battle with the great killer of the wild that animal is afraid of? Shercharlie and it will make friends with the Strange rabbits at the temple of burrow and sing songs like "King of the burrow swingers"?

Or am I just getting a little be disconnected from theis thread?

Back