VERY bad day yesterday.........

re'M'ington

I was in a very serious RTC yesterday morning on my way to a Farmers Market in Winchester,my truck was in collision with a Citroen Saxo that came across the road at me.I am ok all but a few broken ribs and badly bruised with cuts and grazes,but,the other young lad was airlifted to Frenchay Hospital and the last I heard from the police was that he had already had 3-4 brain operations and he has broken almost every bone in his body.I was travelling at approximately 35-40mph,and he had to be doing 60-70mph which is an accumulative speed of over 100mph,and that is one scary thing to happen to you,but,I would like to take this opportunity to ask people to say a little prayer for him,even though he was daft and it was his own fault,I would feel a whole lot better if he pulls through,so,whoever you say your prayers to please spare one for this young lad.

Martin.

Martin, will do, we all do silly things when we're young, and don't realise how lucky we are to get away with them. All the best to you, mate.

Sorry to hear that Martin, and glad you are ok! Having spent 6 weeks in Frenchay Hospital this year and seeing the helicopters coming in day in day out I know those guys do a hell of a job and he's in the best possible hands.

Whatever the outcome though, don't start blaming yourself, it's not your fault. It's too easy to get into the 'what if I did something different' game but the fact is there is never time, you do what you do in the few milliseconds you get but the outcome is decided by fate, not you.

Hope the old ribs heal up fast!

all the best,

Alex

remington i know exactly how you are feeling i had a very similar thing happen last month,my passenger wasnt as lucky as me his seat broke and it chucked him in the back of my van breaking two vertibrea he is now laid up in a body cast the driver of the other vehicle ran me off the road and we rolled down a bank,police caught him and hes now getting done for dangerous driving but i wouldnt wish any harm on him hope the lad makes a recovery,atb wayne

willsay one for him and hope you heal qiuck,an old saying i remember say's To be old and wise one must first be young and foolish.how true good luck

Happy to hear you are ok mate. If you need a hand with anything you know where i am.
Hope the lad pulls through, you also have to feel sorry for his family.
basil.

Glad to hear your ok, sounds like you came off lightly. I hope the lad pulls through.

Matt

willsay one for him and hope you heal qiuck,an old saying i remember say's To be old and wise one must first be young and foolish.how true good luck
too true,and any family with bairns,about to become drivers it is a worry,,me too,my young laddie aint gettin no help,,i know you are thinkin i am a miserable scottish c..t,but hey,i love all my family dearly,and i will help him with general runnings of the car and keeping the hoor on the road,but if he thinks i am going to buy him a car to kick the **** out off and pay the insurance.......which happens alot in this day and age,,he is mistaken,my laddie will buy a car he can afford including insurance,and i shall watch quietly,,afterall he has cost me enough,,yes i am a miserable c..t,,,,i might buy another kiploff.......hope everyone comes through,live long.

Blooming heck martin you havent had much luck lately have you, then again if you were in a car instead of your truck you would know probably be lying in the bed next to him so be thankful for small mercies.
RTAs are never pleasant for either party despite who was at fault
I hope you both make a speedy recovery
ATB
jon

I think of some of the stupid s**t we used to do in cars when we were younger. I count my lucky stars we only had a few relatively minor 'offs', I've got everything crossed for him.

Tom

I hope things work out ok for the lad, like what has been said we have all drove like the wind when we were younger. take care of yourself also.

Spoke to Martin just now and its not good to make him laugh :lol:.He was very lucky but im afraid im not as forgiving as some in regards the other driver .Im afraid its true that what goes around and all that but its never them alone is it that suffer ,always got to be an innocent road user caught up .Martin was very lucky indeed and its only the truck that saved him i think .

As a walking tribute to NHS spinal surgery, I doubt the lad could be in better hands anywhere in europe. We all think we are immortal when we are young, sadly this is disproved all too often.

Get well soon.

Simon

bad news al the best for the lad! trouble is little european cars are not designed to perfom during an accident, in a better car it may well be a different story!

I hope you get well soon.

Shame about the lad but lets hope he lives and learns - and as importantly lets hope this sends a message to his mates not to make the same mistake!

David

No excuses, but when some of us were kids in our first car there was a fraction of the traffic on the road there is today. I wonder how i would have faired as a young, stupid wet behind the ears kevlar bodied driver if the roads were as they are now.
hope you both recover quickly
ATB

I have only too much knowledge of these matters, personally and professionally.

I was involved in a fatal road accident 10 years ago, thankfully it was fatal for the other guy and not me. He was entirely at fault. It is a pretty horrendous experience. I was pretty badly injurred, in hospital for weeks and off work for seven months.

I hope this lad survives, if he makes it through the first 48 hours, he has a pretty good chance. Recovery is another matter.

If the worst comes to the worst and the lad dies, you are going to feel pretty sh1tty for a long time to come, even knowing you bear no responsibility. Be sure and get some medical help if you think you need it.

As I said, I have a lot of experience of these matters, I look after these sorts of RTA's for an insurance company. PM me if you need any advice.

Back