Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Bins For Stalking

Best Bins For Stalking

Who can reckomend which Bins to get for stalking I have a pair of Swarvoski 6x32 SLC at the mo but i want to upgrade and suggestions

Big Yan,

Not sure if you're aware, but Swarovski, Leica and Zeiss have recently changed their warranty's on their new products.

Instead of 30 years as on your SLC's, they are now a maximum of 10years, with some, for example as rangefinders, being even shorter.

I quite fancied a pair of the new Swaro EL's but the reduction in the warranty put me off.

When I asked Swarovski whether they would continue to honor the 30 year warranty on my older SLC's, they confirmed they would; its just new products that are affected..

I have a pair of leica Ultravid HD 8x42 cost a little under 1200 from Uttings, my mate bought a pair of Swarovski SLC 7x42 again from Uttings priced just under 700. My leica is less bulky than the swarovski, but i cant see much difference when looking through both sets when the light is going, where did my extra 500 go on those top of the range leica ? but saying that i wont swap them

I've got the Swaro SLC 7 x 42 and haven't found anything better yet! Looking at Pete E's post, I was lucky enough to get them when the warranty was still 30 yrs! A friend of mine has nothing but praise for their warranty system - he had occasion to send his back after quite a lot of years, and they came back with the fault rectified and having been given a realy good overhaul, looking pristine, and all free of charge to him!

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    I have Swarovski 10x42 EL's, can't fault them, the only thing I have found that out perform them is my S&B PM2 3-12x50. I think that Swarovski make one of the best erognomically (Design) shaped, they are slightly moulded to the hand unlike other brands, they are also not overley big.

If I had to buy again, I think I would stick with what I know.

Good luck with your hunt

Hi Big yan,

Got a pair of 15x56 Geovid's and they are great and there not to bulky. Worht having a lok at, the magnification saves unnecessary walking to get closer to the animal's you spying. plus the raneg finder is useful especially when working out were ut your self for the shot.

they are expensive but in my opinion worth the extra cash.

Leica trinovid 8x42 no question try them and never look back (exscuse the pun)

Another vote for the Leica Trinovid 8 x 42. They are almost like Night Vision Goggles in poor light! Don't go for too much magnification or you will lose the light gathering capability. 8x or 10x should be all you need.

I have a pair of Zeiss nightowls 7x45, although they do not make this model anymore they have served me well for a great number of years, and work very well in low light. Not cheap when they were new, about 900

Get the best you can buy when it comes to bino's you will only need to buy them once.

Lieca tr ins the best around bin and i agree don't go to high mag for me its got to be no higher than 8 keep you rifle similar and you have the same pictures no big shocks like when a i had a 12 x Carl zeiss bins and a 4x40 wide angle television picture scope You spotted the deer looked nice and close then up and down with the rifle no chance at a shot