Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pregnant vixen

Pregnant vixen

Somethings never cease to amaze me with the animal world and tonight I was yet again shown how things never run by the text book.

Upon picking up a vixen I had just shot it became apparent that she was fatter than normal and a feel of her belly showed what felt like developing foetus.
    And upon opening her up I found 3 well developed foetus probabaly well over two weeks into growing if not more.
    I guess that explains the varied ages of cubs that were around this year.

we where out about two weeks back spotted two that had paired up by the looks of things???? we herd them calling before we lamped them never had them this early ( thinking they where cubs) but called them and seen them fully grown last years by the looks of them
    Last edited by magnum; 02-11-2011 at 10:04. Reason: add on

Also coming in fast to the Vixen mating call at the moment!!!

Thats amazing , never seen or heard of matings this early. It would mean that the cubs would have been born about Mid December .

I recon they were mating early last year too. Weve had soem very big cubs very early this year.

De Ja Vue or what, we shot a vixen last Tues and we both thought it looked pregnant but we decided it couldn't be as it was too early in the year.

shot a very plump vixen Saturday night, put it down to a good living! Thinking differently know maybe?????

As a slight aside: can anyone point me at good vixen mating calls please?

I have recently been impressed with the U-caller extreme, also sends the dogs mental too!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Thanks. I was thinking of some I could download to my phone though. I have a couple, but wanted to change them as their effectiveness seems to drop off after a while.