Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new truck

new truck

Hi all in the market for a new truck must have separte back. thinking of a nissan or a toyota hilux any pros and cons many thanks Neil....

Neil, you've been in my Hilux up to stroan that time, wouldn't be without it, not had a single problem with it since I got it 2 yrs ago, more than happy with the MPG as well

toyota all the way, to many problems with nissan just go on some of the motor forums and look for navara problems says it all!

3.0 litre hilux,brilliant and reliable,got one
    I would be looking at the new volkswagen as well,only 2.0 litre engine but 163 bhp,supposed to be good as well,no experience of it though
    I like my hi-lux like

Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Toyota Hilux double cab. Had mine for 6 years, touch wood I have never had a problem with it.

+1 on the hilux too, bought one a few months back for deer, took it from Norfolk to Scotland last month, averaged 36mpg, you won't beat than in a Navara or L200, great vehicle.

Land rover defender double cab. Will go anywhere where the toyota/nissan won't !!

No real electronics to worry about. Service kit 30, replacement disks 15-20. Dent it, no worries. abuse it as much as you want...

oh and I get 30 + mpg and it took me all the way from Deepest Devon to Isle of Arran x 3 and never missed a beat!

Insurance...154 7 + years no claims. Tax is commercial so 130ish, can't remember to be honest.

Fully covered off road to..

Oh and it goes faster than the one I have seen Ben in!!! (flying fisherman) on the way back from

Last edited by arthursc; 02-11-2011 at 21:17.

just shame they not as reliable as the jap stuff. but they are not bad of road and all right if your about 5ft tall! oh and slim too lol

Quote Originally Posted by arthursc View Post
    Land rover defender double cab. Will go anywhere where the toyota/nissan won't !!
    I really want to say bollux..... but I'm too polite
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox