new truck

Yes there are a few, my mate is involved with transporting USA imports from the docks, SUVs, Hummers, Rams, Cadillac’s etc. Might be one or two dealers in London Chevy cars are about quite cheap as well, but you will see 1000s of Jap or European 4X4 to every US one, your steering wheels are on the wrong side for a start,:D getting one into a UK car park (parking Lot) is fun.

ATB

Tahr

LOL! Cool...Land Rovers are very popular here but considered a luxury car. I can't afford one.

Hey, I've always wondered, If you drive on the left side and the steering wheel is on the right side, a driver would have to use their left arm to shift gears. Given most people are right handed, is that a challenge in the beginning? I am very right hand dominate and not very coordinated with the left, seems like I would have difficulties at first.

LOL! Cool...Land Rovers are very popular here but considered a luxury car. I can't afford one.

Hey, I've always wondered, If you drive on the left side and the steering wheel is on the right side, a driver would have to use their left arm to shift gears. Given most people are right handed, is that a challenge in the beginning? I am very right hand dominate and not very coordinated with the left, seems like I would have difficulties at first.
Probably why automatics are so popular in the US:rofl:

But driving on the left this means you would be steering with your left hand whilst you change gear with your right.... If I had a malcoordinated arm I'd rather be changing gear badly with it than steering badly with it :lol:

Seriously though, it's what you are used to that feels right. It's like people who are left eye dominant learning to shoot a shotgun left handed... Those who are taught from the beginning like that it feels right to them.

Could'nt resist that one, we have all been stuck at some time or another. The only problem is its f***in embarrasing when you have just told the world that your truck will go anywhere!

Land-Rover a luxury car :confused: :rofl: this is what we would call a Land-rover.
images1.jpg

Luxury car, Range-rover:british: yes we all have a supercharged Vogue for chucking reds in the back while we are stalking just like this.
imagesCAMF8F5A.jpg

No not really;), most are owned by football players (Soccer players) OK not strictly true as I have a couple of friend that have them. Most Stalkers now days use a Jap Twin cab pickup, my mate used to have a Land-Rover twin cab though.

ATB

Tahr

Driving thru' Longtown on the way back from a stalking trip to the Borders a few weeks ago, I happen to nitice the livestock market and it seemed that the majority of cattle trailers were being pulled by jap double cabs.
What does tha say........

Driving thru' Longtown on the way back from a stalking trip to the Borders a few weeks ago, I happen to nitice the livestock market and it seemed that the majority of cattle trailers were being pulled by jap double cabs.

That most of them are overloaded.

All the hill sheep farmers are getting £12,000 per year for each wind turbine on their land, there is gold in them hills.;)

ATB

Tahr

I've had a Navara for about a year now, very comfortable, nice to drive and no issues until this morning. Coincidentally was on route to pick our new Hilux and the automatic transmission started sticking and not changing gear when it should. Most likely a blockage in the fuel filter. Hilux is more of a work horse and better off road I believe however not as comfortable but depends what your using it for.

Oddly, I don't seem to get stuck. But I come across a lot of people who are. Smug is a great feeling. It's the trying not to laugh that is so hard.

Obviously this is offset by the tears at the diesel pump :cry: :cry: :cry:

P1000429.jpg

Chris

Also, doesn't matter what your driving if you don't have the right tyres on. You obviously do Chris!

I know - and the daft thing is that they are my small tyres. I am now on 37" those in the pic are only 33". Mind you I had to re gear the diffs. 5" suspension lift and 1 1/2" body lift.

Chris

how do the 37's affect mpg?

I've been thinking of going bigger on mine....

DSC00297.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00297 2.JPG
    DSC00297 2.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
We don't talk about that.

Well ok then. It's not really the size that affects the MPG in this case as I have re geared from 4.3 to 4.56 (auto) so the revs are the same per mph. It's the compound and tyre itself. They weigh in around 55 - 60 kgs per corner so the truck now weighs around 3 tonnes. Plus you have to accelerate the tires and then of course you have to stop too. I get through pads in around 1000 miles or so. On my 17" rimmed BFG ATs I can get around the 20mpg region. But with these Blutac tyres on, it's around 13. Yes, 13. The movement in the the blocks is massive. They are like caterpillar tracks and all of that constant squashing saps power despite the 4.2 6 cylinder.

But I love it. Fully equipped. Hot water, mains, on board air, fridge freezer etc etc

Chris

Last edited:
Back