Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member with an apology..

New member with an apology..

Hi guys,

It appears I've broken the rules already by posting before I have introduced myself. Apologies to all for my rudeness.

My name's Andy. I live in the Highlands in the Strathspey area and have been here for a little over 10 years. I got into shooting - mainly clays - back in 2001 and then applied for an FAC in 2003 and got my first .22LR. It kind of blossomed from there and I got myself a .17hmr and a .243 and even worked as a clay shooting instructor for 3 years until recently.

However, although I spend many early mornings and summer evenings each stalking bunnies, I have never really had the time or opportunity to pursue the deer stalking thing - apart from a bit of camera stalking from time to time. Great fun.

However, last October I had the opportunity to shoot my first Roe - a yearling doe. That did it. I made the decision that this was the sport for me and since then have been working toward getting a start in the sport. I have only shot one other Roe since then - a yearling buck about 3 weeks ago that was making a nuisance of himself in my wife's bosses garden (about 20 acres!).

So I'm really a complete novice. I've just done my DSC1 with the Stalking School and am keen to learn, learn and learn, and eventually, hopefully, get myself some ground to shoot over. This forum seems just the place to get the advice I am going to need and I would welcome any help you could offer.

Apologies to you all once again,

welcome andy i am fairly new and learning things on here havnt even shot a deer havnt even got a deer rifle yet but its coming together with the knowledge i collect on here nice site this people very helpfull on here you will be ok

Hi Andy. Welcome and enjoy . Fisher

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

andy welcome to the site nice intro also regards pete .

Welcome Andy. There is a great deal of useful stuff on the site. The best advice I could give you is use the search function because although some topics keep coming up a there is a tremendous amount of information buried in the past.

Many thanks for the kind welcome guys. I feel like "one of the boys" already.
    Now I know why I wasn't allowed to have the Howa243 handle!

sorry , seemed to have jumped the gun by not introducing myself before posting. im jim from accrington lancashire. started shooting with air rifles as ayoung teen, then onto shotguns and finally onto rimfires and centerfire . been stalking for about 3 years and cant get out often enough. i shoot with a model 70 winchester in.270. look forward to posting, once again sorry for not following the rules.

Welcome to the site Andy and what a stunning part of the country you live in.

Sorry for delay - away out with John last week loading.

Welcome aboard.

As he said, Andy did his DSC1 with us recently and is a genuine 'good guy'.
    Stalking and Courses
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at Kelso, Scone & Moy 2016