Information only;nothing to do with me.

Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1
Land Management Training Project

I am in the process of putting together a programme of training and awareness raising events for the remainder of 2011 and beyond aimed at land based businesses operating within the Cairngorms National Park and the residents of the Park.

It has been suggested that it may be beneficial to some land based businesses if we were to deliver the Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1 (DSC1) course within the Cairngorms National Park. DSC1 is a basic qualification for deer stalkers and managers. It is a largely knowledge based qualification which enables candidates to demonstrate their understanding of basic deer management principles and meat hygiene, and to show competence in shooting at simulated targets.

I would like to establish from you whether or not your business would be interested, in principle, in taking advantage of any places on such a course, if I were able to arrange this training within the Park boundaries say between now and the end of March 2012. Businesses would be asked to make a financial contribution, but the Land Management Training Project would take on the arrangement of the event and would provide part-funding. Given that I am just at the very early planning stages, I am not in a position at this point in time to say how much that contribution would be. The purpose of this email is to try and establish whether or not the demand exists for this particular training.

I am always happy to receive suggestions for other types of training which you feel would be beneficial to land based businesses within the Cairngorms National Park.

Please see below for a link to the Land Management Training Project webpage for more information about the grant funding available to support land based businesses to provide training to develop staff by enhancing their knowledge and skills.