Barnes Bullets Stockists

Mitscavitch

Hi All

Just a quick question. Who stocks Barnes bullets in Scotland / North England as I want to try the tsx range in several of my rifles.
ps (are they as good as the hype ? has anyone on the Forum used them? )

Thanks

Alan

Last edited:
Don't know about stockists up north but Midway and reloading solutions will have them. I use them and think they are excellent.

are they as good as the hype ? has anyone on the Forum used them? )
They are better!!! Unfortunately though they don't always shoot accurately in all rifles. If you are lucky and they do shoot well in yours - you simply have a bullet for life. Expensive? -yes. I firmly believe though in my experience that a 130 grn TSX in .308cal. will do the job on anything and typically in most cal. you can drop some weight and still kill better. i.e, 85 grn TSX in .243 etc. As for the 53 grn TSX in .222? - I am in lurve! That's all the cals. I have used I am afraid but still a 100% vote of confidence.
Cheers Steve

yep used them in 6.5x55 (120gn tipped tsx) and in my 270 (140gn tsx) i drive mine at 2850 fps (dont have the 6.5 anymore) and bulet damage is inimal , the only off putting point is he price at about £40 per 50 :(

yep used them in 6.5x55 (120gn tipped tsx) and in my 270 (140gn tsx) i drive mine at 2850 fps (dont have the 6.5 anymore) and bulet damage is inimal , the only off putting point is he price at about £40 per 50 :(

Your getting them from the wrong place!:doh:

Back