2 rifles same calibre

W16OEN

I would like a second 243 and the honest reason is because I fancy another model but still like the one I have. Ok the Police are not going to agree are they? What would be a valid worthy reason to include on the variation - I do not have night vision. Thanks

One for woodland stalking, (short light, easlily pointable), another for the hill or more open longer range shooting, (heavy barrel etc.).

Damn lost it

Oh well. Please show me in law where it says one cannot have more than one rifle chambered for the same cartridge?

243 Winchester is a brand name for a .24 cal (6mm) calibre cartridge.

reasons can be set up for different ammunition. Remember that one is not allowed to use soft point ammunition on the range except for zeroing or testing purposes. re-zeroing on a weekly or bi-weekly/monthly basis is not really on and as you well know changing ammuniton the rifle needs to be checked for zero and most probably re-zeroed.

Back up in case of malfunction or other problems.

One screw cut and one not for different locales

My advice is seriously to contact you shooting organisation and get their help/advice on this.

Let's face the Plods do not like me or my views so get "expert" advice ;).

It is ultimately up to your FEO, if you can provide a "valid" reason for having two rifles of the same calibre's then who's to stop you. I do know someone that has 5 or 6 rifles of the same calibre again "all for a valid reasons of course". If you want to spend the cash, its yours who am I to argue how you spend you hard earned money!

One for woodland stalking, (short light, easlily pointable), another for the hill or more open longer range shooting, (heavy barrel etc.).

Agree. I am contemplating a second 260. Light one for walking about. Heavy one for high seats, sitting and practicing. Regards JCS

Why not try another cartridge !
Variety is the spice of life !
7mm.08 is a fine choice with not too much recoil,and hits hard and fast

the list is endless
NV
wooland/Hill
Range/Stalking
fox/deer
light load heavy load

even.....because I want to sell this one and don't want to be without one at ANY time

i have two 270 rifles one for woodland and one for open hill and also a back up if one breakes ,atb wayne

I have 3 .270 on my ticket (one estate rifle, one my own and my fathers) never been a problem only got 1 mod on my ticket for th 270 ???, applied for a mod years ago for the 270 and got 4 mods for 4 different rifles but only one for each cal sounds a little like someone be
hind a desk not knowing what they are on about

Anyway if you take any guests out stalking then a second rifle of the same caliber should be easy to get in case you have to take a second shot, it's a welfare issue.

I have two .308's and one .30-06 no problem with getting them. As already said one woodland and one open hill.

Here here, I had a very recent discussion and my FEO agreed I had demonstrated good reason for a second similar calibre rifle for exactly the situation Orion has said.

Cheers

Ross

2 .243

I have 2 .243's on my ticket. I got round it with the police by putting one for deer stalking, the other for night shooting charlie in the lamp. Worked fine, but depends on force. I said that one is using a light (58 grain ballistic tip ) for lamping, the other a 100 grain bullet for stalking.

Back