new blaser

bigkimbo

I have a guest who comes stalking with me who has just bought himself a new Blaser in .270. He is using winchester ammo 130 grain and it is very inconsistent. He is a good enough shot however cannot seem to get much of a group with it. Any suggestions.

Change brand of ammo, all Blasers are shot at the factory with Norma ammuntion, so try Norma and see if that improves things.

Try a different make Federal, Norna, etc , it's trial + error till you get one that suits the rifle.

Atb, Buck.

Last edited:
I have a guest who comes stalking with me who has just bought himself a new Blaser in .270. He is using winchester ammo 130 grain and it is very inconsistent. He is a good enough shot however cannot seem to get much of a group with it. Any suggestions.

nothing new there then , in my opinion winchester factory ammo is cheap and nasty and inconsistant none of my rifles have ever liked it !

I have a guest who comes stalking with me who has just bought himself a new Blaser in .270. He is using crappy winchester ammo 130 grain and it is very inconsistent. He is a good enough shot however cannot seem to get much of a group with it. Any suggestions.

there you go. fixed it for you

My Blaser .243 works extremely well with federal 95grn and not at all well with Sako 100grn, so as others have said experiment with different brands and bullet weights

Get him to try fedral or remington core loct. Both 130 grn. Are you sure he hasnt been dicking about with the screws the lock the barrel in place. I have only used the aforementioned ammo and the rifle is straight from box, with a mod and clover leafs at 100 yds no bother.

Wills

Change brand of ammo, all Blasers are shot at the factory with Norma ammuntion, so try Norma and see if that improves things.

Agree on changing the brand of ammo. I also suggest that you have a shot with the rifle too and see if you get the same results as your guest does. Although it's a quality bit of kit, are all the bits done up tight correctly? If your guest is testing the rifle with your assistance, do a blind test so that he doesn't know what brand he is shooting (ie you load the rifle and then let the guest get down behind it).

Regards JCS

Agree on changing the brand of ammo. I also suggest that you have a shot with the rifle too and see if you get the same results as your guest does. Although it's a quality bit of kit, are all the bits done up tight correctly? If your guest is testing the rifle with your assistance, do a blind test so that he doesn't know what brand he is shooting (ie you load the rifle and then let the guest get down behind it).

Regards JCS

+1 on what JCS suggests.

As a Blaser owner I am readily aware of how important it is to tighten everything up, particularly if the rifle was dis-assembled during transit then re-assembled for check-zero. Presuming that it previously zeroed okay, I would check that the bolts holding the barrel are tight and that the saddlemount is tight. I'd also check the moderator is secure. If it wasn't previously zeroed I'd also check the scope rings. Failing that I'd change ammo.

willie_gunn

You could email Blaser direct, or Gregor Macleod at RS Macleod of Tain & ask what they recommend, but certainly it's trial & error to find what usually works best. :tiphat:

Cleaning regime ok?Ie. Clean properly or don't clean, half arsed cleaning/boresnake will not help consistency.What do you consider poor group? All blasers I've used are easily sub moa, most will do .3 - .5 with premium ammo or homeloads.

Back