trail/stealth cam

jack

I need one and have been looking on the net and come up with these two. For a project for thee months maybe, perhaps I will find other uses for it when finished?
For photographing animals to find out what is there and so what is causing the damage.
You get what you pay for...

Scoutguard 550 for £112.
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Or an unbranded one; 5MP on the bay of E. For less than £100.
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Thanks for any comments

It is quite a big deal across the pond to film everything you can and then they invented YouTube so as to show the world how cleaver they are lol

Paul

The Scoutguard 550V is an excellent camera ,nice and compact with clear pictures both in video and photo and long battery life.Highly recommended
However the one on ebay I would be cautious
1. It is located in Bulgaria,what if you have a problem
2. The price is too cheap at £112 when in this country they are £199
3. even if you purchase direct from USA add 40% for customs,VAT,CURRENCY CHARGES and delivery by Parcelforce

I use trail cams a lot with my students. this one is an excellent anti poaching tool as it uses IR. Otherwise the flash gives the camera away and it gets battered to bits. Also very good for filming animals without disturbing them.

http://www.spycameracctv.com/spycamera/invisible-ir-nightvision-hunting-cctv-camera

If it's stills your after I'm not sure what model I use, its currently out helping me and some students figure out the movements of a problem fox. I'll check when I get into work tomorrow.

I have a Acorn trail cam on my salt lick.

Jagare

Can you tell me a bit more about this Acorn camera? I friend I had out stalking on Sunday told me about this one. He has seen them on ebay for buy now price of about £140 I think. 12mp and viewing screen seems fantastic value for money. Any drawbacks?

Hej Jamross65, i have the Acorn Ltl-5210MC. It seems to take good pictures. Although its 12mp i have it set on 5mp. So far i can't see any draw backs with it. I will be setting up on my boar feeder when i get the feeder finished.

Hej Jamross65, i have the Acorn Ltl-5210MC. It seems to take good pictures. Although its 12mp i have it set on 5mp. So far i can't see any draw backs with it. I will be setting up on my boar feeder when i get the feeder finished.

Thank you for that.

If you could be bothered, I would be interested in seeing some other pictures taken by the camera. Don't worry if not possible.

For the money I may give one a go regardless.

Its only been up a short while but here's another snap of the big boy. Plus a picture of a strange beast of the forest

Thanks all, I have been using this site to check them:
http://www.chasingame.com/http://www.chasingame.com/
Thorough reviews on there.
Decisions decisions really.
The Scoutguard has the better lens than the Acorn and is cheaper than the IR one, alothugh no name is given for it.
I would use it for stills to find out what animals are where and how many so just a cheap device to ID the animals and the time is all I want.

Its only been up a short while but here's another snap of the big boy. Plus a picture of a strange beast of the forest

Thanks again Jagare.

The quality of image in daylight appears very good and I therefore assume the 12mp option is really not needed. For the money it looks hard to beat.

If you can get a hold of one the Moultrie M80 is what I'm using. They are new for 2011 and they are compact. They take great pics and video and they have excellent battery life. As mentioned above Bass Pro Shops has them online. Bass Pro Shops is a HUGE hunting and fishing retailer here in the States and I would not hesitate doing business with them.

If you can get a hold of one the Moultrie M80 is what I'm using. They are new for 2011 and they are compact. They take great pics and video and they have excellent battery life. As mentioned above Bass Pro Shops has them online. Bass Pro Shops is a HUGE hunting and fishing retailer here in the States and I would not hesitate doing business with them.

4 years ago, on our first visit to Florida, I was in Bass Pro 6 times in 2 weeks, including the morning of the day we were flying home!!!!

What an outlet...

4 years ago, on our first visit to Florida, I was in Bass Pro 6 times in 2 weeks, including the morning of the day we were flying home!!!!

What an outlet...

Bass Pro is awesome!! Where were you in Florida? I've been to the Bass Pro in Destin, Fl. We have a Bass Pro Shops here in Nashville...its heaven

UTG, do you know if Brass Pro mail to the UK? I have used their stores in Atlanta and Pigeon Forge, great places to browse for an afternoon. Wish they would come to UK. :)

I bought the latest Ltl Acorn model 5210MC like 6 months ago and I am impressed from it. It has a real range of 20 meters and makes nice 12MP night pictures with a resolution of 4000x3000 pixels. Ltl Acorn 5210MC has a 2.4” display where I can view locally all the taken pictures.
This game camera makes up to 60sec videos. Here are some sample pictures from ltl Acorn 5210MC:
Bilder aufgenommen mit Wildkamera Ltl-5210MC 12MP - Jäger werden | Jäger werden

Back