Sako Quad and Finnfire magazine compatibility.

digger9523

Hi all,

At the moment I've got an Anschutz 1416 Thumbhole, the one with the 14 inch barrel, in .22LR It's aCracking piece of kit, but sadly it just doesn't get the use it deserves at the moment. Lately I've been thinking of selling it to put the money towards the new Swaro rangefinder bins, I'm most of the way towards them and a quick sale of Annie would most likely cover the rest.

Eventually, i would want another .22, and when that time comes i want the .22 i always wanted, a Sako Finnfire varmint, a rifle that needs no introduction really. The only thing that worries me about it is the availability of spare parts, and in particular, Magazines. Does anyone Know if the Sako Quad .22 magazine is compatible with the Finnfire?

All the best,
Nick:british:

hi there,i dont no if the quad mag will fit a finnfire ,but you can get new mags for the finnfire,i got a ten shot recently for mine,hope this helps a little,arron

The countryman of Derby sell them as well in five and ten shot though i could never get my finfire to work with the bigger mag , it would only reliably feed if seve rounds were loaded.

I have a Finnfire, and the mag is just long enough for .22LR rounds.

I've never handled a Quad, but I imagine that the magazine slot has to be long enough for .22WMR/,17HMR, and therefore the .22LR mag is probably the same length, but blanked internally (like the Tikka T3 mags for different cartridge lengths).

Pure conjecture on my part, but I hypothesise that Quad .22LR mags will not fit a Finnfire.

I'd be interested to learn!

good point.
my quad mags have inserts in them for the shorter rounds and no inserts for the longer one

Back