trim to lenth ?

chill123

I am new to reloading , I have been given some used 6.5x55 on measuring them there is a +/- of 5 thou on the trim to lenth on some of the cases . My question i can i reload them given the lenth difference, and will the different case lenths effect the accuracey .
Thanks in anticipation .

Chill

Hi

I would full length resize them first and trim to length if you dont have a trimmer test an empty case in your rifle if it chambers you should be ok to reload them accuracy shouldnt be to bad depends how accurate you want to be !

I am new to reloading , I have been given some used 6.5x55 on measuring them there is a +/- of 5 thou on the trim to lenth on some of the cases . My question i can i reload them given the lenth difference, and will the different case lenths effect the accuracey .
Thanks in anticipation . Chill

Chill. I would recommend that you get yourself some new Lapua brass. By all means use these cases to practice with, but I wouldn't reload them. Good luck. JCS

Full length resize and a trim to length both essential as part of your reloading strategy.
The "secret and the safety" of reloading relies on using the same safe repeatable strategy in the same way every time you reload.
Read the overview posted here in this section by by csl as a starting point, IMO you can omit the polishing but make sure the cases not deformed or split by feel and visual inspection.
om

Back