Thread: Roof mounted remote search light

Established Poster
    Porthcawl - south wales

Roof mounted remote search light

Hi all,

I am looking for a remote roof mounted search light. I have just bought a defender and believe the body is aluminium so a magnet one will not work.

Can anybody recommend a make/model that is fixed with a good sucker pad type base. Also need one with tilt action.

Can't recommend you a light but what I can say is that these remote lights are not the best for lamping if that is what you intend using it for. The response to movement is very slow. If for lamping much better with a roof mounted lightforce lamp. Either attached to roof or on a bar attached to roof with suckers.

Lightforce 170 remote is what you should be having a look at. Solway feeders stock them

I have a Rota Light remote which turned out to be pretty useless. Now use a Lightforce 240 Blitz on a Lightforce roof mounted remote system that suckers to the roof of the truck, this works very well. Got mine from Optics Warehouse, best price I could find. LF Extension + Remote Handle kit just under 200 delivered.

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!