Waterproof Kilts

liamnjs

Having seen my waterproof trousers chewed into bits by my spanner, I had a look to see if Gumleaf made a pair of overtrousers to go with the excellent pair of boots I have had from them. They do, but they also make a waterproof kilt http://www.gumleaf.com/products/waterproof-kilt/

This looks like a great idea for when keepering a shoot and it starts slinging it down halfway through the day. Save all that faffing pulling on leggings over muddy boots. Has anyone used anything like them? (Leave how I'll face my students wearing a waxed cotton skirt to me!)

I took a friends dog picking up the other day and another mate of mine was shooting as I stood with him and stuffed. Halfway through the drive it started to hammer it down. He whipped out his kilt and while looking like a bit of a mug he was dry and happy. I on the other had had my stalking trousers on and by the end of the drive I had very wet boots from the water running down the trousers. :rofl:

The one he uses is Drowned Rat Kilts not sure but it might be a bit lightweight for your needs.

This reminds me of an interesting guest I had out at the stags a few seasons ago. First day out he was resplendent in kilt and tweeds. The problem was that our final 30 yds of the first stalk were over exceedingly rough scree on our stomachs and knees!! I made sure I stayed ahead of him to stop any unwanted views. Second day he was wearing breeks !!!

You don't want to be wearing a kilt in the wet, the backs of your legs where there is contact with the kilt become raw red, and you won't be wearing them a second day. Happened to me on the grouse moor.
'

You don't want to be wearing a kilt in the wet, the backs of your legs where there is contact with the kilt become raw red, and you won't be wearing them a second day. Happened to me on the grouse moor.
'

I know a west coast stalker who wore the kilt to the hill all the time, had one made in the estate tweed.

Well of course the scottish regiments wore them all the time as well, but if it was only for a day here and there, I think my soft white skin would suffer !!!

I would neither stalk nor keeper in Wiltshire in a trad kilt! Still thinking these waterproof ones might be worth a shout.

Back