Sako 75 into an 85 stock?

Daft Dog

Will a sako 75 barrel and action fit into an 85 stock? Just curious as i'm looking for a different stock for my 75 heavy barrel and optionslook to be a bit limited.

Short answer is, not without a lot of farting about. Action screws are a different hole pitch, bottom metal is a different shape, action is different shape, unless you know what you are doing and can do the work yourself, then expect to fork out for 6-8 hours of milling filling and fettling, plus a refinish on the stock. It is not worth it. What sort of stock are you looking for?

Cheers Dan, after a synthetic or laminate....options are limited without spending a wedge.

Need to get barrel and action re-blued or coated at some point.

Jim

hey Daft dog,i have a Sako 75 varmint .308 laminated stock,i may consider a swap deal,what have you got?

martin

hey Daft dog,i have a Sako 75 varmint .308 laminated stock,i may consider a swap deal,what have you got?

martin

Martin, good of you to post this but i shoud have mentioned, it is an action I i think (.223), and so the .308 stock probably wouldn't fit.

Thanks again for posting though.

Regards

Jim

i see a thread like this on a different shooting site the other week. and the gunsmith that fitted the 75 action into a 85 stock said it was a right game. and alot of work

Back