CWD in Shropshire?

Munty Hunter

Hi all,
I was fortunate to be shooting Pheasants near Craven Arms in Shropshire at the weekend :D. On the subject of deer the shoot captain mentioned that many years ago CWD had been present wild on the estate, but had died out. Has anybody else heard of these and what happened.

I used to stalk not far from Craven Arms and I have been told about CWD that used to be kept in a private collection that escaped but they didnt last long.

Hi all,
I was fortunate to be shooting Pheasants near Craven Arms in Shropshire at the weekend :D. On the subject of deer the shoot captain mentioned that many years ago CWD had been present wild on the estate, but had died out. Has anybody else heard of these and what happened.

Were you shooting on the Walcot Estate? if so the shoot captain was quite right but I have been informed by some of the locals that the decision to shoot the population out was made years ago presumably by the owners of the estate.

Regards,
John.

hi John
Yes it was at Walcot, he suggested they had been shot by accident, perhaps there were not many there in the first place. It's suprising how many of these small releases/escapes have taken place over the years.
Do you know Walcot well it's a great shoot?

Back