Sweden again

Thanks guys.

Chris - I have been going over there for the last 10 years or so. Used to work for a Swedish farm machinery manufacturer and was able to extend several of my trips each year to include some hunting. I left the company in March 2010, but have been making two trips each year since then. My mate Jonas is from Linkoping and has 500Ha of hunting ground near a place called Ulrika. I have enjoyed plenty of unbelievable experiences over there. He comes to the Uk as often as possible for stalking, lamping, pheasants, pigeons etc.

Yorkshire - It is rare to get an opportunity to shoot on these type of hunts (unless they are very commercial). I was presented with Roe and Moose on my stands over three days, but only fired once. For it to be the right sex of the right species, in the right place and for me to be ready all at the same time doesn't happen too often!

Philip - It was a 6.5x55 loaded with Norma Oryx. I had borrowed a Sako with a ziess scope, but I also have a Blaser R93 in 6.5x55 in my cabinet at home. I have used this calibre on everything from Moose down to Badgers and Beavers. Never used anything better.

This one was shot with my 6.5x55 at 150yards a few years ago:
CIMG1454.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic. Looks a wonderful place. Must be exciting sharing some woodland with animals that big.

i can`t imagine what it is like little terry, i have been asked to go back in january but i will turn that offer down and just wait until september to go to willa-meana-land in the north and please excuse my spelling as i have only heard it of my swedish friends.

regards
chris

I was married to a Swede for a time and spent an Easter break near Linkoping with some friends of hers, in their 'summer house'. It's like a different world. I'm seriously jealous that you manage to get there and get to hunt too.
Elk or raindeer on tunbrod with cottage cheese and Piffi - rolled into a tube - Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fantastic - Gadget and I are over there again in a couple of weeks to hunt with some mates in Southern Sweden.

We were over in Smorland near Vastervik last winter to hunt moose and boar with other friends and had a brilliant time, although the bar bill still smarts a bit and Gadget is still yearning for another serving (he managed at least three) of the roast elk stew prepared by our host's mother...

Adam.

Have a good one Adam!

Fantastic - Gadget and I are over there again in a couple of weeks to hunt with some mates in Southern Sweden.

We were over in Smorland near Vastervik last winter to hunt moose and boar with other friends and had a brilliant time, although the bar bill still smarts a bit and Gadget is still yearning for another serving (he managed at least three) of the roast elk stew prepared by our host's mother...

Adam.

Back