Royal Mail.. more like royal f**k up!

flyingfisherman

Just felt the need to rant..

I sent some brass up to get annealed via RMSD, ive used this service plenty of times before and to the same address with no problems. Anyways, i sent to parcel on Monday morning, guaranteed by 1pm next day. I check the tracking number on Tuesday. its been delivered.. brill! Then i get a text saying the parcel hasnt arrived.. I check the signature via track and trace and it doesnt resemble the recipients name or signature. a quick call confirms that he, nor any of his neighbours have received the parcel. He calls the local sorting office and informs them of the problem. He is told to call back in 72hrs.

I call RM to see if i need to fill in a form and am told under no uncertain cercumstances that the parcel was delivered to the correct address and a woman covered in paint signed for it.. I pass this info to the recipient and he tells me its hoop, theres no woman in the building let alone one covered in paint!

I call back to say that the postie has made a mistake, my mate has checked several addresses around his house and nobody knows anything. I am told that the recipient needs to ask more neighbours.. and that if he doesnt then they have to fill in a form basically accusing him of receiving the parcel and then claiming he hasnt.

I put her straight as its not his responsibility to check everyone on the street to sort out a posties clusterf*ck. she takes the details of the lost parcel, value etc and content.. well, when i tell her its brass (i should of pulled her pants down and told her it was a pair of geovids..) she goes off on one saying that its an offence to send weapons or ammunition through the post. i politely explain what brass is and she doesnt get any less prickly. end of phone conversation 2..

in the meantime, postie has obviously had a boot up the bum and has gone to where he delievered the parcel, then looked at the address (old concept, who'd have thought it would catch on..) and delivered the parcel 4 days late to the correct address. he had delivered it to the wrong street, let alone the wrong number!!

call 3 starts by explaining to another woman the whole situation including my vital statistics and to let her know that said parcel is now in the right hands! However, i explain that i would like a refund on the postage (£9.05). This assumption on my part obviously goes down like the proverbial balloon!! She said its been delivered and that RM has fulfilled its contract.. Now im going harpic at the inability of bird. Anyways, she puts me on hold for 8 minutes (0845 number from a mobile..) to then tell me i need to fill out a P45 or something and post it in..

So, alls well that ends well, my brass is in safe hands.. OK the postie made a mistake, we all do.. i think he was probably stoned seeing women covered in paint, but hey ho. what really gripped my poo was the fact that the customer service involved was atrocious, not from just one representative, but two.. on the same day. the only sensible conversation i had was with a lad on call 1.

F*cking Royal Mail.. thanks for the stress!

I sent some brass up to get annealed via RMSD, ive used this service plenty of times before and to the same address with no problems. Anyways, i sent to parcel on Monday morning, guaranteed by 1pm next day. I check the tracking number on Tuesday. its been delivered.. brill! Then i get a text saying the parcel hasnt arrived.. I check the signature via track and trace and it doesnt resemble the recipients name or signature. a quick call confirms that he, nor any of his neighbours have received the parcel. He calls the local sorting office and informs them of the problem. He is told to call back in 72hrs.

I call RM to see if i need to fill in a form and am told under no uncertain cercumstances that the parcel was delivered to the correct address and a woman covered in paint signed for it.. I pass this info to the recipient and he tells me its hoop, theres no woman in the building let alone one covered in paint!

I call back to say that the postie has made a mistake, my mate has checked several addresses around his house and nobody knows anything. I am told that the recipient needs to ask more neighbours.. and that if he doesnt then they have to fill in a form basically accusing him of receiving the parcel and then claiming he hasnt.

I put her straight as its not his responsibility to check everyone on the street to sort out a posties clusterf*ck. she takes the details of the lost parcel, value etc and content.. well, when i tell her its brass (i should of pulled her pants down and told her it was a pair of geovids..) she goes off on one saying that its an offence to send weapons or ammunition through the post. i politely explain what brass is and she doesnt get any less prickly. end of phone conversation 2..

in the meantime, postie has obviously had a boot up the bum and has gone to where he delievered the parcel, then looked at the address (old concept, who'd have thought it would catch on..) and delivered the parcel 4 days late to the correct address. he had delivered it to the wrong street, let alone the wrong number!!

call 3 starts by explaining to another woman the whole situation including my vital statistics and to let her know that said parcel is now in the right hands! However, i explain that i would like a refund on the postage (£9.05). This assumption on my part obviously goes down like the proverbial balloon!! She said its been delivered and that RM has fulfilled its contract.. Now im going harpic at the inability of bird. Anyways, she puts me on hold for 8 minutes (0845 number from a mobile..) to then tell me i need to fill out a P45 or something and post it in..

So, alls well that ends well, my brass is in safe hands.. OK the postie made a mistake, we all do.. i think he was probably stoned seeing women covered in paint, but hey ho. what really gripped my poo was the fact that the customer service involved was atrocious, not from just one representative, but two.. on the same day. the only sensible conversation i had was with a lad on call 1.

:rofl:

Only laughing 'cos I know you FFM.......Very sarcastically written. Made me chuckle.

TJ

Public sector monopoly supplier= poor customer service

Ahhh FF,

years ago I brought a spotting scope and paid for next day delivery.. nothing turns up so start trying to trace it. Whilst Parcel Force is giving me the run around 10 days later ti turns up so i inform them wand they straight away close the claim. It's been delivered.. err excuse me it's 9 days late......................... yeah but it's arrived says they. I paid for a next day delivery and it's taken 9 days............................. but it's arrived now was the answer. never got a refund and no sorry about that either.

On another note I brought an antique rifle from a vendor in Switzerland who posted it at 10;30 Monday Morning the PO tried to deliver it to my address at 16:30 the following Wednesday while I was at work. So from Switzerland to Gatwick then to Coventry to clear customs back to the sorting office at Salbrook Road depot which is about 5 miles from Gatwick in less than three days and we know customs ain't exactly quick are they.

This sounds so typical of Royal Mail, either delivering things to the wrong address or loosing them all together and then trying to wriggle out of it.
I had a case recently where the Rpyal Mail managed to somehow loose a letter and it cost me a fine of £625! I got "flashed" for speeding (41 MPH in a 30 limit at 9:00 at night in only a lightly built up area). I pleaded guilty by post and sent my license and details in as required. I thought nothing more of it till I found my name on the local papers saying that I had been fined £625 and got 6 points on my license for speeding and "failing to give the identity of the driver". I phoned the court and luckily they accepted my explanation and re-opened the case where I had to appear in person. The magistrate was very understanding and when I offered my explanation he dismissed the charge of failing to give the drivers details and reduced the speeding fine to £60 with 3 penalty points. I have had to apply for a duplicate license as there is still no trace of where my original licence ended up!
This is so typical of a systen where they (The Royal Mail) know that they have the monopoly and think that they can get away with a slap shod service and feeble excuses when things go wrong!

When i was in the building trade several years ago, one of my mates brother worked for royal mail and he told us then never to trust them more never send money via cash or check. He has seen them open many things to the point were he seen them taking money out of a birthday card. He had enough of this and didn't want to be caught up in it all and quite his job.
I found a set of rings and mounts that i ahd left after my clear out got in touch with a chap from here. we both weren't sure if they would fit so i deceided not to except any money from the guy but he wanted to cover the post atleast, anyway he got them but didn't fit the rifle he wanted but wanted to keep them for another. I couldn't remember what they cost so i told himto call it even but he insisted on at least a donation so he sent his donation via recorded delivery and its been two months now still no joy but i gave up after two weeks not worth the hassle.
Another chap on here bought some gear off me his checked arrived ten days later with the envolpe ripped showing the cheque in a plastic bag saying sorry off roymail for the state of the delivery.

Back