Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife's first stag

Wife's first stag

Greetings from Mauritius!

In short, on a family vacation in Mauritius. I took the wife out on Monday to shoot a boar. Instead the stalker let her shoot a Rusa Stag ..........from 180 meters. She is experienced with a rifle and very calm as a person. She shot him perfectly in the heart. The second shot was longer and she did the business again with a perfect heart/lung shot. She liked the 270 Win as well!

Cool as a cucumber, she said she understood why i got so excited about stalking! Looks like I have a new stalking partner when my regular mate can't make it.

Pics to follow. She wants to stalk the boar next!

nice one .you will have the job of guide now and the pleasure of watching your learn

this will start a vollie,,,generally i find that the lady stalkers are better shots and better at doing what they are told!!!! hah well done to her.

BWH I darnt say that but its true.seen it in real live once on the hill.

You obviously dont get the whole hunting/stalking thing.

Its something we men do to GET AWAY from the wives.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    The problem being now is if she wants her own gear, she will be wanting to know how the **** you managed to get all the gear, rifle, scope binos etc, etc at a vastly reduced rate that these are actually being sold for, you could try inflation, but I think even the best blagger out there would struggle to blame "Inflation rises".

Good Luck, but very well done to her for her success.

Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

It's true, women are much better at taking instruction, though not necessarily from their better halves!

As for it being a regular occurrence, that is, her stalking with me, I doubt it. But she has expressed an interest in doing it again. As for costs, she is fully aware of what I spend. She bought me my Leica Geovids and encourages to me to buy Zeiss scopes; she's an optician and knows her glass.

As for seeking a solitary moment to escape her..........there's always the fly rod, which she wasn't overly enamored with! As it is, I am delighted to say that my wife made me very happy with her performance on the hill with a gun.