As I said of last year's show on another forum:

"On the plus side:

• No car queues for access
  • Plenty of parking
  • Good variety of stands and exhibitors
  • Lots to see for everyone
Downsides:

• £15 entrance fee on the day. Ouch!
  • Crowded as [hell]! Trying to speak to the booth staff, or getting to handle any rifles or equipment, was all but impossible
  • I forgot to wear the uniform: Full RealTree camo, 50lbs of excess blubber and a [daft] leather cowboy hat...
    rolleyes.gif
All in all a good day, and I appreciate that any show that is the biggest of its type and is situated in central England is going to be over-subscribed, but I shan't be bothering to go again."

maximus otter

Tea is for poofs!!! ........ I'll be giving out BEER!

BEER is for REAL MEN!!!!

Well, I'll be there and I'll be drinking tea. Dammit, I must be a poof :(

Oh well, I'll just have to hope I can find a sugar daddy who likes 6ft5 heavily bearded bald blokes:norty:

Wonder if I can get him to buy me a Purdey?

That said I'm sure I've seen Mike drinking tea on the stand too. Perhaps he'll come out at the show...

Ooooh I can see lots of closets being empty!

My tickets arrived. So for recognition purposes I will be the one who looks ****ed off. That is because I was out the night before and couldn't drink because I had to get up early to drive. Oh and the week before I will have gone out and not been able to drink so that was another weekend with drink gone to pot.
I will also look tired cause I was out late the night before and had to get up early to drive up. I DON'T DO MORNINGS ME...
I may or may not be dressed in camo. Cos it will be early in the morning I will be getting dressed with my eyes closed. I may even end up wearing her knickers on my head. Seriously, I don't do mornings.

I might be the one on the Browning stand berating them for the fact that whilst they manage to make such nice rifles, why oh why do they then have to f*** them up with the application of a crap trigger. Look, telling the world that that an adjustable trigger that can be adjusted from 5lbs to a whooping 3lbs is called X bolt feather trigger is plain naughty. 1.9lbs is a feather trigger NOT 3lbs. And for information, I couldn't get the trigger down below 3.5 lbs. Aside from that, it was a lovely rifle and I do commend you on it. Similiar comments about the T bolt. sigh That will have to go as well.
So you may see me looking at various hmr's. Black synthetic and asking the manufacturer why exactly they do not do that model in left hand. Don't they understand that left handers are a major minority and if they designed the damn thing right in the first place it wouldn't be that difficult to change a rifle from right hand to left hand at point of manufacture. Hello, have you looked at the auto industry? Hell if they can do it why can't the rifle manufacturers make a simple interchangable bolt?

Other than that I will be mooching around looking for solutions to one or two problems or ideas that I have.

So there you go. I should be easy to recoginise. :cuckoo:

wont be long now, i am looking forward to traveling over to the show at the weekend. i was there the first year it ran and to be honest i found it hard to spend money at the show as there werent a lot of exhibitors that interested me. I have a list this time which will include a new moderator for my .223. The foreend on my shotgun cracked a year or so ago and i was wondering if anyone from the site recommends any gunsmiths that will repair or replace it. i will bring it over with me to leave with some one at the show to repair, i understand the cheshire gun room are well recommended for stock work etc.

regards
keith

Well, I'll be there and I'll be drinking tea. Dammit, I must be a poof :(

Oh well, I'll just have to hope I can find a sugar daddy who likes 6ft5 heavily bearded bald blokes:norty:

Wonder if I can get him to buy me a Purdey?

That said I'm sure I've seen Mike drinking tea on the stand too. Perhaps he'll come out at the show...

Ooooh I can see lots of closets being empty!

Sh1t, That's it! The secret's out! ............ Ok me real name's Sharon!

Back