This weeks Fieldsports Britain

kevhumps

This weeks prog is a visit to the Norma factory, interesting, worth watching! Presenter's a bit of a knob tho!!
Kev.

If you got virgin tv you can log on to you tube and watch on 32" flat screen with much better quality and sound.

If you got virgin tv you can log on to you tube and watch on 32" flat screen with much better quality and sound.

Why would you want to do that - Charlie would look an even bigger - well Charlie then!
Sorry, but he doesn't come across very well does he! Pity really as I met him a few years back at the Midland and he seemed a nice guy.

It was just a commercial for Norma Ammo and i don't think that a single brown envelope changed hands????

Interesting and I wonder if the presenter realises just how little he actually knows. So we now know that he has not idea that dropping the hammer on an antique percussion revolver is a very big NO-NO ad one that is irreplacable :cuckoo: Sheesh. He should have been shown the door with a boot up his backside. Oh yes it also seems an inch is now officailly much smaller 14.8mm according to numb nutts ............................... and not 25.4mm as we all know. When 14.8mm is about 9/16ths.

What I found interesting is that I had heard that Norma use Swedish Mauser actions for the proof barrels and low and behold there were a couple of Mauser actions with thumb cuts but could not see if they had pressure sensors on the barrels or not :cry: I did notice she was firing those cartridges in a Varberger action. Why did they not show Norma's custom shop or under RAUG ownership has that been scrapped along with them dropping some lines of ammunition?

Now they should have shown some of the head stamps than Norma make for other "ammunition" makers.

Did anyone else wonder why the English Safari Company has a bear on it's logo?

Snapping the hammer down on that revolving rifle and then not knowing how to check the sten was too much for me. If those guns had been mine Charlie would have been asked to leave immediately.

I thought that the rep from Norma had a very intereting perspective on ballistic tip bullets. I wonder if that is their official line? I can see another lengthy debate on ballistic tips on the horizon.

Did I hear it right when dear old Charlie said you cannot shoot a roe deer with a 223 in the UK, oops Charles :oops:

John

You did John, but in his defense he did correct it later by saying not in England.

I think that Charlie like most journalists doesn’t know an awful lot about shooting, he simply writes about it.
Yes before anyone jumps on my back I know he has written a lot about his shooting exploits and has been involved with a couple of shooting magazines, but if you have read any of his articles you will know what I mean.

It’s a pity he had to act the fool in this video because I was quite interested in seeing something about the Norma plant.

Did anyone else think the back-stop on that shot stag was rather, er, missing... not exactly promoting best practice

(of course the camera may have been much lower than the rifle, but still looked very iffy to me)

So you guys will all be getting together to produce an SD Channel which brings out a show once a week, covers all field sports and has higher production values then?

Look forward to it.

Back