North Wales Firearms

204 Ruger

Once again, NWF have pulled it out the bag for me. I sent in a variation 2 weeks ago to have 22LR, .204, .308 (all open with .204 for fox and .308 for Deer and boar) added to the licence on top of the .17HMR, .22.250 and 6.5 x55 that I already have...It arrived today. Just one phone call on Friday last week to ask that they get it to me before the weekend so I can buy buy a rifle this weekend. Fantastic service once again.

Once again, NWF have pulled it out the bag for me. I sent in a variation 2 weeks ago to have 22LR, .204, .308 (all open with .204 for fox and .308 for Deer and boar) added to the licence on top of the .17HMR, .22.250 and 6.5 x55 that I already have...It arrived today. Just one phone call on Friday last week to ask that they get it to me before the weekend so I can buy buy a rifle this weekend. Fantastic service once again.
Great news, it is good to see a force that hasn't forgotten that they are there to serve the public, including shooters. Please don't just tell us though tell firearms licensing at Hampshire police, it will come as tremendous shock to them!

Great news, it is good to see a force that hasn't forgotten that they are there to serve the public, including shooters. Please don't just tell us though tell firearms licensing at Hampshire police, it will come as tremendous shock to them!

Agree. I wish they all had a look on the forums to see the feedback that they get both negative adn positive. Ive got nothing but positive thigs to say about NWP Firearms dept...The muppets in the Squad cars is a different story however :)

The Firearms team are very responsive and when you say to them your about to buy a rifle so if all the manager needs to do is sign the completed and approved licence then please give him a nudge...and they respond by saying yes no problem oh and by the way we have sent it 1st class post instead of 2nd class (which is just ridiculous anyway) I think thats pretty good service. I did expect them to question why I wanted a .204 adn a 22-250 but not a murmour.

This backs up my recent experience with NWP firearms which was exemplary. A mistake that they made with moderators was corrected in 4 hours and hand delivered, a request for an "in and out" on my .270 because I was selling and buying a new one. I was given an open slot on my new FAC and a separate temporary slot on a separate piece of paper that was valid for 3 months for the one I was selling. Can't say fairer than that. I was also told that I could have a variation for boar any time at no cost when I had an invitation to go to ground where there were boar.

I also commented that it seemed ridiculous that I couldn't shoot a fox if asked to by a gamekeeper when I was out with my .270 and they immediately put foxes on the conditions for that rifle.

This backs up my recent experience with NWP firearms which was exemplary. A mistake that they made with moderators was corrected in 4 hours and hand delivered, a request for an "in and out" on my .270 because I was selling and buying a new one. I was given an open slot on my new FAC and a separate temporary slot on a separate piece of paper that was valid for 3 months for the one I was selling. Can't say fairer than that. I was also told that I could have a variation for boar any time at no cost when I had an invitation to go to ground where there were boar.

I also commented that it seemed ridiculous that I couldn't shoot a fox if asked to by a gamekeeper when I was out with my .270 and they immediately put foxes on the conditions for that rifle.

Yep, they are great. Nothing but good things to say about them...

all you need to do now is tell gill !!! SHE DOS,T SEE A LOT OF YOU NOW when you get rest of the of your guns we will have to be out 6 nites aweek well done mate

It would not be too difficult to survey all the issuing Police Forces in the country through SD member's experiences with them. I would suggest a rating 1 to 10, 10 being as Paul K put it, "exemplary" and 1 "really couldn't be worse". The figures avraged out will provide some feedback which members could if they wished forward on to firearms sections. It will certainly be obvious which regions are champs or chumps.
In addition to North Wales being a 10 ? I would like to add Cleveland which I would rate also as a 10, swift turnaround of S1 & SSC's plus a reasonable common sense approach to variations.

It would not be too difficult to survey all the issuing Police Forces in the country through SD member's experiences with them. I would suggest a rating 1 to 10, 10 being as Paul K put it, "exemplary" and 1 "really couldn't be worse". The figures avraged out will provide some feedback which members could if they wished forward on to firearms sections. It will certainly be obvious which regions are champs or chumps.
In addition to North Wales being a 10 ? I would like to add Cleveland which I would rate also as a 10, swift turnaround of S1 & SSC's plus a reasonable common sense approach to variations.
Good idea but I don't know if I dare comment on Hampshire, if I rated them at 1 they might prove me wrong and get even worse

Back