Thread: camera help

camera help

hi folks

can any one reccomend a decent camera that i could take hunting/stalking that will take half decent photos

but preferably of the flat digital type that can be put in a breast pocket of my hunting smock also easy to operate

i hav a little olympus d700 at the mo 4x zoom but dont know if its good enough for wildlife can any one suggest

somthing to upgrade to

minox do a great little waterproof camera. perfect for hunting/stalking/fishing/mountaineering/etc.

I think I paid around 25 in a super sale, but I can see I got a great deal!!!;language=gb

it's a bit clunky in its menu's, but takes good pictures. it's out and out an outdoor activity camera so does what it says on the tin.

I would recommend Canon compacts, the Ixus and Powershot ranges. They use CCD sensors rather than CMOS for better image quality and their software is pretty straightforward if you aren't really into photography. The Ixus is a very compact version, the 220HS a good mid range camera in stainless steel. The Powershot D10 is waterproof and shockproof and with a 12.1MP almost made for the use you are likely to put it to.
    If the two quoted are out of your price bracket there are others available in Canon's range of a lower spec which may fit the bill.

d foxxer what's your price range?

i have an olympus x-875 fits in my swanndri shirt pocket all my photos in my gallery are taken with it great little camera few years old now not expensive .

I have an Olympus Mju 850 SW and it has been absolutely fantastic, I take it with me when fishing, hunting and snowboarding and with it being totally waterproof and shockproof you don't have to worry about it getting wet or knocked around.

YouTube review:
    Last edited by Jonher; 28-11-2011 at 19:58.

My Hunting Blog: click here

I bought a Canon G12 camera last Christmas and it`s perfect. Takes great pictures and is easy to use.

one of these:

Panasonic Lumix TZ20

or get the TZ10 which will be cheaper now. Have a look in the pictures section at the 284m roe doe I took a picture of with the TZ10.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

+ 1 Re Panosonic! Tough camera. Dropped mine big time not a mark on it & still worked fine!