Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: any one advise a good knife?

any one advise a good knife?

Guys i have decided to buy my self a knife, i have always used opinel france as my do all knife, and i do have about 6 of them in diffrent colours but i have now decided to splsh out and treat myself on a nice fixed blade knife!
    It will only be used as a gralloch/small game knife
    must have a sheath
    must be able to hold razor sharp edge!
    I am a fanatical knife sharpner hence opinels and im not worried about sharpining after a couple of days use!
    Any ideas? I have a budget of 100 pounds ish!
    regrards Will

I hear a lot of good things about Boker knifes

If I was looking for a knife it's what I'd get if money was no object

Hello mate,

Have a word with Chickenman on the forum. He's probably got something that'll suit you down to the ground. Don't quote me but i don't think he's very far away from you either. I'm not getting commission by the way!

All the best,
    Last edited by digger9523; 29-11-2011 at 18:56.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Hi Digger

Thanks for your words Digger and yes I have some available, some I have just made, some I made for folk of this very forum who didnt bother to get back to me when I had made them a knife. If you would like information on them Will PM me.

Get yourself a Mora from Moray Outfitting (member of this forum). For 12 or 24 (depending which one you get) these are amazing knives and keep razor sharp edge. Great value for money!

And you won't cry if you lose it.

I have a couple of expensive knives but I prefer to use a Victorinox 6 inch boning knife in a Morra Scabard, cant fault it.

Ive got a knife from the country store at shustoke which cost me 7. Its a fixed blade with a solid plastic handle and comes with a hard plastic sheath. It is seriously the best knife ive had, it holds a very sharp edge and is easy to clean and maintain. I use it for gralloching and skinning deer aswell as rabbits ands feathered game.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyxologos View Post
    Get yourself a Mora. Great value for money!
    Buy one as a spare anyway

X4 on the mora. I've got two with the orange handles, great when it's low light. Guts the deer easy peazy. However sheath is a bit rubbish.