Bow Hunting Deer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cervus1981

There is a lot of talk by bowmen who would like to get bowhunting for deer and other quarry made legal in britain. What are peoples thoughts onthis? I dont know enough about it but my first thoughts are a bit anti.

Bow hunting is much maligned by so called stalkers in the uk, who have never used a bow or who think stalking is taking a deer at 200 yds. But would I like to see it legal in the uk, no is the answer, as we have to many idiots who would try it.

If the populas aggree to bow hunting then they may as well do away with a minimum caliber for culling deer , perhaps they should legalise sling shots and snaring as well .
It seems to me that the police cant manage existing / ongoing poaching problems as it is .

( or would it be another string to their bow ):rofl:

ERRR... where were all you guys when I was ripping into the bow hunters but in a diplomatic way and getting abused left right and centre

:coat:Paul was beaten with a big stick as were others of us who disagreed with it in previous posts, never tried it, never wanted too, seen enough problems with clients with rifles over the years to warrant even thinking of making it legal here, also seen some hunts on this in the states to make me never want to do it, or see it done here, each to his own, but with the animals quick and human demise foremost. Was done to death B4 and should not really be a subject to debate allowing it here in the U.K. On this site, we all most surely strive for an instant kill with a humane shot with a legal caliber. Deerwarden

You call your self civilized and you can,t spell it. It amazes me that people bang on about legal bullet size for deer a bad shot is a bad shot what ever the calibre. Best deer calibre has to be 222:stir:

You call your self civilized and you can,t spell it. It amazes me that people bang on about legal bullet size for deer a bad shot is a bad shot what ever the calibre. Best deer calibre has to be 222:stir:

Taff,

Spelling is pretty irrellevant but more importantly you should not criticise some one when you can't even punctuate and spell yourself. Your spelling of civilised with a Z is the american way, Si has spelt it the British way (the correct way). You also used a comma and not an apostraphe in "can't". It's not an english test. Pretty poor retort really eh?

.222 is a great calibre and yes you are right a bad shot it a bad shot.

Bow hunting is archaic and unnessecary, in a society where we have restrictions on firearms where we seem to feel a little more of the squeeze as the years move on I doubt bow hunting will be top of the list when and if restrictions are ever relaxed. Which I doubt. There is an attitude and trend that goes along with bow hunting in the states that I don't see fitting in here in the UK and I would not welcome it.

Ali

Last edited:

Oh cheers, you just made me spray coffee down my nose :D

AliS yes it was spelled the American way, as he was criticizing the yanks I thought it funny.
If you speak to the veggies eating meat is archaic and unnessacary but I defend the rights of those who choose to do it.
I also stated in a earlier post that I would not like to see it in the uk as we have the wrong attitude, and where can I find the apostrophe on my I pad:doh:

Banning things on the basis of gut feeling and narrow personal experience is the business of urban MPs. Is there any science regarding the ability of a bow and arrow to achieve a humane kill? That should surely be the basis of any debate such as this.

You could all use the services of a Spellchecker :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously though .... I was around when this topic first surfaced but didn't contribute to the firestorm, which was unbelievable if it wasn't so pathetic.

It didn't merit a reply then, and it doesn't now because it's a step back to the Dark Ages .... like binning computers and going back to quill pens, or maybe taking up toasting witches again just for the fun of it.

I've seen enough transfixed Whitetails and Mule Deer in agony on YouTube to give me nightmares. It's an exercise in cruelty undertaken by neanderthals .... if you'll pardon my saying so.

I've seen enough transfixed Whitetails and Mule Deer in agony on YouTube to give me nightmares. It's an exercise in cruelty undertaken by neanderthals .... if you'll pardon my saying so.

Yep and American friend's telling me of lost deer saying "well thats bow hunting for you".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back