Hi from Denmark (brit abroad)

HRspec

Hi

I grew up in west yorkshire but now living in denmark as thats where most my family is. Im living/studying in copenhagen and play rugby for the danish team. I passed my danish hunting license in the summer which means i can hunt with shotgun so next year i will be taking the extra license to hunt with rifle. Hopefully next week there will be a Miroku mk38 arriving from england. Ive been waiting over 60 days now for this gun to turn up :confused:

Im hunting on the west coast of denmark which is probably the best part of denmark for hunting and the nature is pretty wild. My gran has a farm with 150 acres and 1.5 miles of river with a good mix of land and animals. Ive been shooting teal and mallard the past months as she has a couple of small lakes next to the river. Hoping in the summer to enlarge them and get a water supply to them as they are pretty acidic, anyone has any good advice/ideas please let me know....

Screenshot2011-12-01at125245PM.png

Screenshot2011-11-29at110833PM.png

My grans neighbour, who has been hunting over 40 years, has been helping me alot. He invited me on a hunt last weekend where i shot my first roe deer. Im really lucky to have him so i can get advice about hunting. We were 12 hunters and 3 dogs, and i shot one of two roe deer. My neighbour has been buying up alot of land and forest for the sole purpose of using it for hunting.

Next weekend a friend has invited me on a different driven hunt, im really looking forward to it, its getting addictive already. Hunting in denmark is pretty popular and can cost quite alot so its great i have these contacts which means i dont have to pay :D

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

Last summer i bought a small boat which is on the local fjord, which im using for motor boat and decoy hunting which is where i will be hunting the most. The fjord is really huge with a wide range of waterfowl, ive spent a couple weekends down there hunting ducks but soon i have 2 weeks holiday over xmas and cant wait to get out there and really have a good look around. So all in all ive got some good hunts to go on...:D

Thanks

Nathan

Welcome to the site, you sound all set up for the future good luck with it all,

John

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to the site and congrats on your first roe deer, it certainly sounds like you have everything in place so looking forward to hearing how you get on.

I'm a Brit living in Oslo and have been to Denmark several times, I used to go quite often saltwater flyfishing around Funen island, that was fantastic and if you haven't tried you should definitely give it a go :D

Hilsen

Thanks all :D

Hi johner, i lived on funen last year in the city called Odense. Going to use the boat in the off season to fish on the fjord. Are you hunting in Norway? Amazing place Norway, hoping in a few years to move there myself.

Thanks all :D

Hi johner, i lived on funen last year in the city called Odense. Going to use the boat in the off season to fish on the fjord. Are you hunting in Norway? Amazing place Norway, hoping in a few years to move there myself.

Hi Nathan,

Have been to Odense several times, stayed at a hostel there when we were fising, nice little place :D

I've been hunting in Norway the last 3 years through a local hunting club, I'm also a member of their moose hunting team. I shot my first roe deer in Norway in 2009 but still waiting for my first moose.

Let me know if your ever over in this neck of the woods!

Hi Nathan,

Have been to Odense several times, stayed at a hostel there when we were fising, nice little place :D

I've been hunting in Norway the last 3 years through a local hunting club, I'm also a member of their moose hunting team. I shot my first roe deer in Norway in 2009 but still waiting for my first moose.

Let me know if your ever over in this neck of the woods!

Just seen your blog and decided todo one myself.

My friends who im going to hunt with next weekend in Arhus have a cabin(hytte) in Sweden, im hoping to go there next year and hunt moose once ive done my rifle license.

Just seen your blog and decided todo one myself.

My friends who im going to hunt with next weekend in Arhus have a cabin(hytte) in Sweden, im hoping to go there next year and hunt moose once ive done my rifle license.

Looking forward to see your blog, I don't update mine that much but it's something my friends and family follow back in the UK.

Sweden is a fantastic place for hunting, they have everything. I shot my first wild boar there, there's a post on my blog if you look in March 2010.

Good luck with the rifle test and looking forward to hear how you get on with the hunting and fishing.

Welcome!

I'm in the opposite situation, ex-dane living in Scotland:D

Born in Odense and grew up on Funen with a 1000 acres farm/hunting/fishing/etc. love the fishing in denmark, rivers for brook trout, sea trout off the coast, etc. Lots of roe in DK, good waterfowling too. pheasants can be expensive, but there's so much else to hunt.

my fathers biggest red stag was from the west coast of Jutland (Jylland), they have good nutritional access there so grow large.

south, south east coast of sealand is excellent for sea trout on the fly, so are the small islands south of Funen (Bonholm, etc.).

hope you enjoy the forum!

Welcome!

I'm in the opposite situation, ex-dane living in Scotland:D

Born in Odense and grew up on Funen with a 1000 acres farm/hunting/fishing/etc. love the fishing in denmark, rivers for brook trout, sea trout off the coast, etc. Lots of roe in DK, good waterfowling too. pheasants can be expensive, but there's so much else to hunt.

my fathers biggest red stag was from the west coast of Jutland (Jylland), they have good nutritional access there so grow large.

south, south east coast of sealand is excellent for sea trout on the fly, so are the small islands south of Funen (Bonholm, etc.).

hope you enjoy the forum!

hi PKL, ive recently seen quite a few red deer on my neighbours land. alot of roe deer around. My neighbour puts out quite a few pheasant each year which we only shoot the cocks, i shot one last weekend. We own 2km of the sonder omme river which runs into the skjern å, there is alot of salmon in both rivers and most of the big ones caught in ours. I usually just spin for pike.

Think im going to buy a schultz and larsen rifle with a zeiss duralyt 3-12x50 illuminated kikkert. Just having a look around on prices. I think it could be a nice combination, but i wont be buying till the new year.

Back