Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Le Chameau "Kotkor" gaiters...

Le Chameau "Kotkor" gaiters...

1st impressions - not good.

After several years hard beating (brambles & barbed wire included) my ex army goretex gaiters finally died so, after some investigation, I bought the above gaiters.

Used them beating this past Friday and Saturday (in not too arduous environments) - and had wet trouser legs

Could be condensation - but definitely damp.

Any one else experienced this with these gaiters? For "waterproof and breathable" I'm not impressed (they ain't cheap) and I'm inclined to send them back?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

I got a pair at weston park game and used them for the first time a couple of week ago beating and found my lower trouser to be wet too,

Account Suspended
    Bonnie Scotland
    Kotkors, Excellent choice!

Two faults.

1. The front lace hooks came off mine after very little wearing (I used suitable stainless little steel washers and decent/appropriate sized pop-rivets to do a repair which has lasted for years already and looks better than new did)

2. Customer services at Le Chameau's UK importer is not at all good (hence the D.I.Y. repair)

p.s. I should have pointed out... They are very good at keeping water out, but if you get sweaty or let water in, you'll have wet ankles and I don't know any good gaiters that aren't this way.
    Last edited by Tamus; 04-12-2011 at 15:43. Reason: added ps.

Cannot fault mine apart from brambles pulling the laces out at the top.. otherwise very good.

Eyefor, why didn't you just get another pair of army surplus ones they have no comparison IMO not at 10.50.

Mine lasted a season then within 2 weeks both buckles fell apart.Only bought them as RFD didn't charge for a transfer[ felt obliged to buy something by way of a thank-you].Purchased a pair of Black Islander ones a couple of weeks ago and yes I know they are more expensive but first impressions are very favorable. I know cost is an issue but you cant put a price on comfort.

SD Regular
    where men are men and sheep are worried
    Buy cheap buy twice !!
    I am also on the lookout for a pair of gaitors , cost is not an issue as long as they do the job and are silent in use !

Quote Originally Posted by shudadunityonksago View Post
    Buy cheap buy twice !!
    55 is cheap?

Let me know what you buy (I can only think of the Black Islanders that are more expensive?).

These ones are going back and I think I will look another pair of the ex army goretex ones.

Many thanks for all the replies.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Try Kammo. They are well built, silent, warm and I have had mine for 3+ years and delighted with them. I do lots of rough shooting and Brambles are yet to do any damage to them.

I have a pair of Le Chameau kotkor & find they dont let water in at all but also dont breath very well hence the damp, apart from the breathability i find them quite good