Biathlon Type sling: Anybody using one?

Cyres

I am getting a bit fed up of lugging my Remmy 700 in a AICS on a standard sling. Whilst it is OK its a little noisey as there is a lot of weight on it. AI have two versions on their suppliers site, just wondered if anybody has got one and what their impressions are?

Regards

D

I've not tried one but I know some one who has one that looks like a normal sling with a zip in the middle length ways, you simple undid the sip and the rifle could be carried biathlon style. Don't know the make I'm affraid but a quick google might reveal something.

Just out of interest is the noise coming from the sling attachment points? They now make them quiet by butting tape under them when they put them together. If you want the sling, Grahame Clarke at Sporting services is the man. I do use an AI for stalking but you do feel it at the end of the day!!!

I have a niggeloh Backpack sling and it the best bit of kit I bought in ages. Wouldn't be without one now. Matt.

Thanks,

I was looking on the Sporting Services site and hence the question. Matt some more info on you Niggeloh would be helpfull.

I am currently using a Butler creek neoprene sling, which is very good, but I think it is actually the material squeeking. My hearing is U/S but my shooting partners can hear it as can my son.

Its going to be part of my Xmas pressie so trying to source the best one.

Regards

D

Thanks,

I was looking on the Sporting Services site and hence the question. Matt some more info on you Niggeloh would be helpfull.

I am currently using a Butler creek neoprene sling, which is very good, but I think it is actually the material squeeking. My hearing is U/S but my shooting partners can hear it as can my son.

Its going to be part of my Xmas pressie so trying to source the best one.

Regards

D

Hi cyres. The niggeloh sling is a neoprene sling with a tuff nilon edging. It has quick release clips so you don't have to take off as you would a backpack. It also has a handy little Velcro strap that fits round the grip of the rifle which holds the rifle flat to your back an stops it swinging about. Hope this helps. Plenty of pictures on google images. Cheers. Matt.

I have one of the Niggeloh biathlon slings. They seem reasonably built and will certainly do the job if that's what you're after.
I got it because I too was considering taking an AICS stocked Rem700 out stalking. I changed my mind in the end, 'cos it would take too long in full kit to get the blessed thing off your back and on to sticks if a shot presented, and replaced the AI/Rem for a Sako which is a bit more, er, portable.

I've still got the sling somewhere if you feel like making an offer for it. I don't use it.

Hi cyres. The niggeloh sling is a neoprene sling with a tuff nilon edging. It has quick release clips so you don't have to take off as you would a backpack. It also has a handy little Velcro strap that fits round the grip of the rifle which holds the rifle flat to your back an stops it swinging about. Hope this helps. Plenty of pictures on google images. Cheers. Matt.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so that is what the velcro is for... I thought it was to keep both slings together, doh!!
If you want to look at one I believe Adenbourne in Witney have them in stock.

Back