Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meindl Dovre Extreme

Meindl Dovre Extreme

I am considering buying a pair of Meindl Dovre Extreme boots. I have only heard good things about them so I want to know if there are any negative views on them, what I should expect to pay (they tend to be about 215, are there any offers about?) and if there are any other boots to look at? I currently have the dreaded Mouflons.

Thank in advance

I have only used meindl for the last 10 years or more, no probs with any of their boots.

Hi YorksJt,

I've had a pair for the past two seasons... After pushing my big toe through the gortex in the end of some Mouflon GTX's.

They are a far tougher and better built boot with slightly greater support in the ankle. However my Mouflons were like slippers compared to the Meindl's and I get hot spots under my big toe each and every time i wear them on a long stalk over rough ground.

I've tried different insoles, ie supergreens, and very other off the shelf inserts and cant sort it.

The last time I had this was with the rubbish boots supplied to me whilst serving in the Army for 8yrs.. and I ended up buying danners back then.

I wont buy another pair on this basis and may look to the harlika 12 inch leather boots next time around.

That said.. You will get dozens and dozens of supporters for the Meindl boots here and I would agree if it were not for the hot spots they give me.

Each to their own i suppose

I have a pair that did a season as ghillies boots on a Scottish island, covering several hundred miles in the season, and never had a problem with them and still wear them regularly. The only thing is to make sure you have decent socks, because they aren't hugely warm which is ideal in summer months, but need a little more insulation in cold weather.

That said, waterproof, fantastic ankle support and soles that take out the lumps and bumps, and handle really rough stone without wearing out after a couple of stalks. 200 odd sounds steep, but they'll last you ten times as long as a boot costing half as much if you look after them.

highly recommended +1 for me

great boot but not the warmest when sitting in a high seat for long periods in sub zero ,reminds me gotta wax mine up for sat

I aggree with norma, she knows her stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by chriseoe View Post
    I aggree with norma, she knows her stuff!
    very good ,used to wear mine in bed when i lived in the caravan

wslack&son mansfield 208.99 great boots with brill after sales. Had a pair develop a squeak after two years ! Result :- New pair of boots

Yorks - you'd be better off investing in a double buggy. Them boots will be hung up in the garage in 6-months for the forseeable