Hello there, Iam looking for a wee bit of advice regarding the above binoculars. (I HAVE introduced myself prior to this posting)

I recently came into possession of these bino's from a friend of mine. They have been cleaned over the years with toilet paper or similar and the coatings on all 4 lenses have swirls on them.

This does not appear to affect the performance adversely.

The bino's are currently on route to Germany for an evaluation in respect ofthem being serviced with a view to getting this work done (it will only cost me 30 for the estimate should the repairs prove expensive).

My question is this, what do you guys think they will be worth both as they are (good overall condition but with the coatings scratched) and in fully serviced with new lenses condition.

I am trying to work out if the repairs would be cost effective, I am unsure if I should sell them or keep them as a spare set (I have a pair of Swarovski 8x30CL and a pair of 8.5x42 EL)

Any advice as to the value would help me make an informed decision as togetting them repaired and selling them, or just leaving them as they are and keeping them as a spare set.

Your opinions would be much appreciated.

Kindest regards,