Best led lamp for lamping with a 22lr

richvfrgem

I need to get a scope mounted lamp for my ruger 10/22 but don't know what will have enough distance any help would be great. it will be for bunny bashing from a pick up at about 80 yards ish.

I need to get a scope mounted lamp for my ruger 10/22 but don't know what will have enough distance any help would be great. it will be for bunny bashing from a pick up at about 80 yards ish.

Plenty out there mate that will give you a nice light at 80 yards. If it was me Id be looking at an LED lamp to keep it ncie and compact. I use a JetBean BC40 which is good out to 250 yards so prob a bit much for your needs but they do plenty of others adn scope mounted with pressure switch too. Drop them a line. For the BC40 I bought the filter kit from a Cluson MAsterlite (which is also a good option for you) Cheers Steve

http://www.jet-beam.co.uk/

I got one off eric the red on this site.
excellent beam out to 250yds, half power and pulse options, lightweight, 2 rechargable lithium batteries, a fast charger,remote switch and a scope mount for less than £70. worth a PM.
sinbad

i have a deben tracer.
It is just enough to ID the bunny and light them up at .22 ranges but not bright enough to burn their retinas and make them run like Usain Bolt!

it is also extremely light and has a nice remote switch.

they do an LED one now as well

Any of the fenix/tiablo range would do, however have a look at the Singing Stalkers thread on subject and buy one from china,you can get 2 for £20.

Mounting system is the problem. Best is the Cluson system, but unless they have changed their policy they wont sell it as a separate unit, but you can try.

Sportsmatch have just released a new mount, looks ok available via fenix. Otherwise get a trirail, and then mount your torch on a 1" or 30mm mount. Most torches at 1"-25 mm body dia.

You may have to make your own sunshade to cut out overspill and reflection off the moddy (big problem on C/F set ups)

D

I made my own mount as I hated the scope mount.
it now sits under the moderator out of the way. I found a tube the same size as the moderator and fixed it to the tube. the tube is a push fit over the moderator. few strips of electrical tape inside so it doesnt rub and is a snug fit.
the cable switch comes straight back between mod and forestock so no loops of wire.

it now also fits in the rifle sleeve with torch attached

I got one off eric the red on this site.
excellent beam out to 250yds, half power and pulse options, lightweight, 2 rechargable lithium batteries, a fast charger,remote switch and a scope mount for less than £70. worth a PM.
sinbad

I am another happy customer of Eric The Red, sounds like there is quite a few of us with them now. I have taken 6 in total now for me and my friends!!!

Great guy to deal with too.

Cheers

Ross

Back