Thread: Great day out with Jelen

Great day out with Jelen

Had an email from Mike at Jelen, askin if I wanted to make up the numbers on a park cull. I jumped at the offer. This was my first time on a cull, and after three unsucessful stalks, the first time I had shot a deer.
    There was my self and two other lads with rifles. I was worried that being a newbie, I might end up just watching or being lectured too. This was not the case. I was accomponied by a member of staff who would point out the intended target and tell me when it was safe to take the shot. This removed a lot of my nerves and added to the days enjoyment. I ended up taking four animals. But the learning didn't stop there. I was then shown and instructed how to bleed , grollach and extract the carcass. Then into the larder to prepare and butcher.

I had an absolutely brilliant day, and learnt a great deal. I would not hesitateto recommened Jelen to both novice and experianced stalkers.
    This is a big thankyou to Mike and his team.

Hi Neil thanks for the kind words it was a pleasure to meet you and get you into your first deer. you coped extremely well and you wont have many problems when you get into the wild beasts i'm sure.

Best regards

Dave ( Jelen deer services )