Brocock air cartridge system what happens to it

Simjim33

I know that this system was reclassified as a fire arm for "safety concerns". This was due to the fact that the government was concernd that it could be converted to fire rim cartridges. But does any one know under what classification it went under section 1 or 5?

The original Brococks were converted 303 rifles and I think that might have a bearing on the decision. They were quite collectable at one time although I don't know their status now on that score.

Well the ones I looked at years ago were .22 safaris and were less than 10 flbs at muzzle.at the time they weren't FAC.

I've got a air cartridge revolver that went on ticket, I was told by the NRA armourer that he wasn't allowed to store it, they're beyond section 5 even: it can't transferred to another FAC, not a Section 1 dealer nor a section 5 dealer, I assume if I want to get rid of it, it would need to be surrendered to the Police for destruction. Crazy!

I've got a air cartridge revolver that went on ticket, I was told by the NRA armourer that he wasn't allowed to store it, they're beyond section 5 even: it can't transferred to another FAC, not a Section 1 dealer nor a section 5 dealer, I assume if I want to get rid of it, it would need to be surrendered to the Police for destruction. Crazy!

Mat did you get a section 5 granted because you had one before the the reclassification? or was your continued ownership subject to a grant of a section 5 FAC?

It just went on my FAC: I think the classification is somewhat hazy because you don't need Section 5 to own it, you just needed to have registered it during the initial phase of legislation, however AFAIK you cannot now obtain one on ticket, section 1 or 5... And you can't transfer it.

I can understand the classification of revolvers being section 5 and not It being able to transfer it, even though that is crazy. But is it the same for rifles using the BACS system?

I can understand the classification of revolvers being section 5 and not It being able to transfer it, even though that is crazy. But is it the same for rifles using the BACS system?
Yes, it's the same for rifles. If you've got one on FAC you can either keep it or hand it in for destruction, but you can't transfer it or sell it.You could look into exporting it. There's something right in the back of my memory that's telling me this is a possibility, but I'm unsure.

I had the Brocock Predator rifle and the revolver, and about 30 cartridges, loved them, but had to get rid of them for the ban. Was planning on getting the replica winchester underlevers. Still miss them for the realism and designs.

SCAC weapons including rifles are S.5 1(af) a lot of S 5 dealers can't handle them as they don't have authority for that class of weapon. I know of one dealer in Essex who does.

Frank

I spent a fair while looking at trying to export these to somewhere I hoped to be able to take Philzee's on but its a nightmare.

You can't ship them, post them or fly with them.

The law is such that you cannot sell them or otherwise transfer them. I would hazzard a bit of an informed guess that any RFD handling one, including a dealer for S5 would be doing so illegally, if he knew it or not.

You can own them on ticket until you die or surrender your ticket. Then they are gone.

All managed so the government doesn't have to pay you compensation.

Back