Looking for a good non-leather sling, any tips?

Danny Treacy

Hi all,

As above please, it's a sling to go on a Remington 597 .22lr.

I don't generally get on with leather slings as I find them inflexible when used to aid sitting and prone shots.

There's a huge range out there so if anyone has a favourite 'tactical' type sling it would be great to hear about it, thanks!

Atb,
Danny.

I have a Turner competitive rifle sling and a hunting/tactical sling both made from Biothane. Biothane is made up by fusing a polyester web inside a urethane casing. Looks and feels like leather but does not stretch or crack and no need for any waterproof dressings etc. The buckle on the hunting sling is made from indestructible glass filled nylon and does not reflect the light.
The competitive sling is 54" and takes 1 1/4"sling swivels the hunter takes 1 1/4" swivels too.
I got mine from Sinclair international.
Judging by your post the competitive sling is for you - my 2 cents worth
Cheers

Niggeloh neoprene (but not the rucksack type - cos I regularly need to carry a roe sack)

Got 3 - Excellent bits of kit.

+1 on Niggeloh. I use a Z-Aim backpack type for long stalks though and a sling for lowland/forest.

Thanks for the tips I'll look into them also, been tempted by the Super Sling +2, looks simple and sturdy.

Atb,
Danny.

Danny,

I've got a bog standard Butler Creek sling made from nylon webbing with neoprene grips.

Its probably not as well made as the ones mentioned previously, but is certainly cheaper. Its been fine so far and is a couple of years old.

Cheers,

Bob

Back