Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: storm

office now closed from 2pm due to the 90mph storm

on that note..i'm missing a few entries for my Trout and Salmon Dec crossword, can you help?

Midland River: ?E?E
    Stable Hand: ?S?L?R
    Chalkstream Tributary: ?A?R?E
    Feather used for tail of wet flies (6,8,6): ?O?D?N-?K?-A?A?-T?I?P?T

Thanks for your help chaps

Wet fly tail: Golder Pheasant Tippet?

I was going to ask how the storms are affecting Scotland today, looking at the BBC website is pretty horrendous

Im stuck offshore West Africa at present and in for a big shock temperature wise when I get home soon!!

tame or wyre - check other answer where E came from

Osler - stable boy/groom

Carrier - you've missed a ? where the last R should be
    Last edited by Si; 08-12-2011 at 14:53.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

thanks guys,

I believe it's ostler and golden pheasant tippet. the first e is the end of (rise in river level), which I assume to be spatE

any other suggestions instead of 'spate to create the last letter as either A or Y as in Tame or Wyre (or Cole?)

Midland river = Dene
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

You all realise after helping him out that he won't share the rod he gets for a prize with you..

My girlfriend is on the West Side of Lewis in the Hebrides and she says that they have had a lovely day with bright blue skies and very little wind though she did add that a big black cloud and heavy rain have just arrived and the wind is picking up.

Midland river, not Tame, try Teme?

A stable hand is an Ostler

Stable habd is an ostler