Thread: New Member

Just joined having realised that there is a lot of very useful threads and relevant chat on this forum. I live in south Essex (no Essex girl jokes please as I'm married to one - although she's not typical of the breed I'm glad to say!) and do a lot of foxing in some wild places in the Essex marshlands and increasingly stalking with a close friend in mid Essex.

I know you chaps love to talk kit - so for anyone that's interested I have a Mannlicher .243 (superb rifle) with Swaro Z6i 5-30x50 (shortly to be switched to an S&B 8x56 I hope), CZ .17hmr with Duralyt 3-12x50 for rats and rabbits, and a recently purchased Sako 75 22-250 varmint which I'm going to put the Z6i on.

I'm a keen shotgun shooter and love driven and walked up game, wildfowling and pigeon shooting. Although I enjoy clay shooting, I confess I'm not brilliant and can't take it too seriously.

On the S&B scope, Macleod's seem to have the best deal on a new one - unless anyone knows better?

Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

Welcome aboard, I'm sure there'll be no Essex girl comments - was going to say we're all above that now but the knife sharpening thread has taken a bit of a turn

Not sure if very best price from Gregor at Macleods, but you won't find better or faster service ( humbly excluding ourselves ).
    Stalking and Courses
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at Kelso, Scone & Moy 2016

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

welcome and enjoy

Welcome to a interesting website.
    I also have a Sako in 6.5x55 flavour with an 8x56 illuminated S&B on top.