This weekend

User00003

anyone up to something special this weekend?

Birthday tomorrow, and celebrating with a rough shoot with my Father and the Mrs, then a nice steak dinner:D

Well Happy Birthday
Lucky you, I'm going to repair the storm damage if the wind dies down enouth. Could have shot some geese but looks like a full day of repairs. However on the + side none of my high seats have fallen.
Have a nice day

Up at 05:00 for an early start on one estate, hopefully some time in the larder sorting things out, a pub lunch and then several hours in a high-seat on another estate. Then on sunday taking a couple of nephews to see Father Christmas :)

Got a rough shoot myself tomorrow. Should be quite good, Bosses wife is putting on lunch ect. Feeders have been getting emptyed so should be a few birds about.

I am on 2 14 hour shifts
So not much happening at all, but it will pay towards a few stalking trips to Scotland in the new year, so I shouldn't complain

Off to pick up my brother and Nephew in a minute. we are going for a look at the Geese followed by a walk around a bit of ground we have that is great for woodcock. Then hopefully the missus will let me convince her to take my girls to attingham park to see santa and take part in the deer feeding. Sadly Sunday is all about xmas shopping.

Unfortunately I am beating at a mates shoot, should be about 100 bird day, port, stilton and pork pie between drives and then down his pub for a meal. Mrs M will then be coming to picking me up when standing becomes an issure.
Someones got to do it!

Spent most of the day putting Xmas decorations up... I always forget how much I hate putting Xmas decorations up.
Anyway it's done now, so in true post decoration putting up tradition I've opened a bottle of Jack Daniels and the wife's having a Baileys ;)

my birthday yesterday (bit much celebrating last night) too my brother in law out for his first hind, nothing like an unmoderated .270 to sort a headache. quiet day tomorrow with the kids

Spent most of the day putting Xmas decorations up... I always forget how much I hate putting Xmas decorations up.
Anyway it's done now, so in true post decoration putting up tradition I've opened a bottle of Jack Daniels and the wife's having a Baileys ;)
Ditto but brandy and advocat :D Earnt a few brownie points me thinks :thumb:

Back