Sako 85 Finlite problems ?

seriously though, as per text message, some of those groups in the pic you sent were perfectly acceptable for initial load testing.. As said, try varying the OAL now with those two loads which show promise and see what you get.

Surprised theres nobody else out there who shoots this rifle and home loads.. i wonder what ammo people are using through their .308 finlite..?

Hmmm if i recall correctly a friend has a Finnlite in .308 and he also had a T3 Tactical. he got rid on one but I cannot recall which is was. I know that the Finnlite was very fussy with ammunition the T3 was not. He was talking about a rifle in a slightly heavier calibre as he was doing a few trips abroad after Boar. However due to his travelling and his business I have not seen him from about 18 months. Need to catch up with him soon.

Surprised theres nobody else out there who shoots this rifle and home loads.. i wonder what ammo people are using through their .308 finlite..?
Had a finnlite in .308 for a month now , 44.5 vit 140 Hornadays 150 sp , shoots great without me p8ssing about with oal yet .I wouldn't get it screw cut until your happy it's sorted though , got told by a couple of people that the warranty is invalidated if you screw cut them (funny they put a thread protector in the box though! ) Having said that Steve Kershaw did mine before I fired a shot (couldn't wait !! )

Cheers Waldy, Hopefully this will help 375mag find the sweet spot with this rifle..

What thread did you get on yours? There doesnt look like much 'meat' to take a mod.. is it an over barrel mod? Did you shorten the barrel at all?

375mag Hi mate, might not help you but i have heard that sometimes these sako 85's like a very small jump into the rifling - if you have seated your bullets right on the LANS (-bolt will be stiff to put down) then you might want to try bringing it back a couple of thousands of an inch.

if your bolt isn't stiff to close then try making them a bit longer.
You shouldn't be having the sort of problems you are describing, the 308 is a real target calibre

Hello Axe

My next batch of test loads have been made up of varying lengths like you recomend ill see how i get on !

Waldy

What size threads did you go for ?

Last edited:
m14x1 seemed to be the thread of choice , at 20 inches the barrel is short enough for me , I've put an atec cmm4 end can on it which is so light you won't know its there & puts the overall length of the rifle an inch longer than my mannlicher classic .Atec do an overbarrel mod but fron what I can see the net legth is the same & the weight is up a little too .
Rodge

Hi,

I've got a Sako85 finnlight in .308, shoots 150grn Federal SP well, bullets touching at 100m if I do my bit did reload for it (44grns N140 topped with a 150grn Sierra Gameking) and had the same results.

Jase

just a thought i once new a bloke who had the almost same problem and after 400 rds he found out that the scope ring screw was loose i would check all your screws just incase there is one loose , you never now :thumb:

Back