recommend me some wellies

Scots_stalker

i WAS going to buy le chameau but ive been told they arent the best value for money:eek: , agila pacour ???????/

Last edited:
If you want to pose there is plenty ways to spend cash on wellies. If you want a pair of honest wellies that keep your feet dry and warm without emptying the wallet try Muck Boots. (Tay).

I would recommend Dunlop Purofort wellies. As I live on an island I wear them pretty much everyday and I wouldn't wear anything else. They cost about £35 from Gaelforce or MacGregors in Inverness and usually last me about 2 years of abuse. Mine are yellow but they do come in green for that country feel.

Snag

I would recommend Dunlop Purofort wellies. As I live on an island I wear them pretty much everyday and I wouldn't wear anything else. They cost about £35 from Gaelforce or MacGregors in Inverness and usually last me about 2 years of abuse. Mine are yellow but they do come in green for that country feel.

Snag

Its dunlops I have just now. Had them 5 years. Can't fault em

I love my Gumleaf boots, they're a great little British company that I am using more and more. My mates swear by Muckboots and Aigles. nI've not heard anything good about Le Chemeau or Hunters in a long time. Really no need to spend a fortune at all.

I've Tay Sports and whilst very warm a word of caution- the rubber coating over the neoprene is very thin. I caught them on the bottom of a wire meshed gate and ripped the rubber clean through on top of the foot- it's only about a 1mm thick. I've also caught them on brambles cutting the neoprene. Not the toughest of wellies for £80, although they are the warmest and most comfortable I've had.

Edited to say: and on wet chalk the sole is rubbish it's like wearing roller skates. Not good considering where I live!

Last edited:
I got a new pair of chameau a couple of months ago,I can't falt em exept the £220 price tag. There not worth that. My last pair were toggi which I had for about 8 years, I wanted to stay loyal to toggi but couldn't get the ones I wanted at short notice.
Matt.

I had a pair of avon muck boots very comfy and warm but only got 1 season out of them just recently bought a pair of Aigle ISO PARCOURS i really like these very warm in the snow better sole ,would recommend them

Last edited:
I've had my Vieznords for over 10 years and they are still going strong! I'm not sure they are made the same now, but they seem indestructable! Still comfy and warm.
Muck boots may be cheaper and comfy, but they won't last too long! Most people seem to trash them in about one season.
MS.

i've a pair of moses sandals, i usually only wear shorts, so don't care about getting wet, but its a whore when i stand in a cow turd.

my vote is for superlite field boots, very comfy, but a little tight around the calf area

Had a pair of hunter neo galoways 7 years ago that I have been out on the knacker wagen, stalking and foxing. I know that hunter changed management in this time. So have no
Idea about the new products.

I do however intend to buy full length zips. The musto range look great value circa £120. I often need to take
my boots off and on throughout the day.

Non neoprene lined, I would go for Aigle Parcours. The best boot ever. I went through 4/5/?? pairs in many years. I didn't count them. Nice thight fitting around the ankle and leg. Extremely comfy sole. Never pulling down your socks. Comfortable from the first minute. Feels like a good quality sportshoe. Simply the best. The runner up isn't seen through the dust. The Vierzon looks stronger, but for me it's to loose fitting around the ankle. Others with thicker legs might be better with these.

Neoprene lined : Aigle Parcours again. I must say that these seem to pull down your socks quicker than the non neoprene ones. A friend has Vierzonord's for about 5 years and just know they seem to need replacement. The rubber just seems stronger and slightly stiffer. Last year I bought a pair of Parcours Iso and Muckboots Tay Sport at the same moment. Never again Muckboots. Far less comfortable than the Aigle's. I had a wound at the back of my heel after wearing them 1 hour. Stitching inside on a bad spot. The soles are very slippery in the kennels and you never seem to know where you walk. The Aigle back again very comfy, excellent soles. If they would ever make a thighter fitting Vierzonord I maybe would go in that direction. Otherwise Aigle for everything. They might need to replaced a bit quicker, but it's worth the money.

aigles for me, i bought a pair of the new musto full sips, didnt even last a month, both boots split under the heel, letting in great amounts of water, they were sent back,

Back