Been Out For My First Stalks

kieran222

I went out on my first stalk a few weeks ago for Fallow but didn’t have any success but enjoyed my day out.

I went out for my second stalk a week later. That was booked with Wayne Davies. I was after fallow does. I met up with his shooting partner Andy who got me to have a couple of shots with his rifle as I didn’t have my own. Managed to hit the target OK so off we went. We met up with Wayne when we were out, quick coffee and off for our afternoon stalk. We stalked to the high seat and then took up residence in one of the many high seats. We didn’t see any deer but I was very impressed with the setup, plenty of high seats and it looked like there had been a lot of deer traffic about.

I really enjoyed the day even though I didn’t get anything. Wayne and Andy were so disappointed that we didn’t see anything so offered a free return stalk which I thought was very generous. Anyway I am looking forward to my next outing and will be giving them a call to get some dates sorted out. (got the bug now)

Thanks for the taking me out Andy and Wayne. :lol:

you dont get customer service like that very often these days ....free return stalk is very generous indeed .good luck with the bug...no known cure !! :D

I think that shows a good quality service and a gesture that others should follow. I my self will not charge any one that comes out with me if they do not see deer. I would offer a return free stalk but cannot guarantee the time. So well done to Wayne and Andy.

That's the beauty of stalking with Wayne & Andy
They don't offer any guarantee's but they try their best never to let you down
2 genuine guys who like to deliver and I can say that from personal experience

That's the beauty of stalking with Wayne & Andy
They don't offer any guarantee's but they try their best never to let you down
2 genuine guys who like to deliver and I can say that from personal experience

+1 Two of the nicest stalkers you could ever wish to meet who pull out all the stops to try and get you onto a deer or two
Lets hope lady luck shines on you more kindly next time but thats stalking for you theres never any guarantees in this game.

ATB
RICK O SHEA

+1 Two of the nicest stalkers you could ever wish to meet who pull out all the stops to try and get you onto a deer or two
Lets hope lady luck shines on you more kindly next time but thats stalking for you theres never any guarantees in this game.

ATB
RICK O SHEA

+2. Two great guys who go the extra mile. Have had the pleasure to out with Wayne and Andy, 2 top blokes.

Jonathon

yes i know how you feel, they sound like a very good outfit,i have been out with mike at calton moor a few times and the last two hav'nt seen a thing, enjoyed the outing though and learned a great deal from mike dickinson, would like to thank him for all his help and advice in preparing for my dsc1 course in march. fingers crossed

Back