Thread: Small world

Small world

Not a great deal to do with stalking I know, but as most will know the hunting and stalking world is a very small one.

As many know I curate and now completely manage a large museum with international collections of big game. About 2 weeks ago my PA asked me if it was ok for a man from Africa who had just published a book on hunting Lion , if he could drop by to see the collection whilst we were shut. I obliged as usual, althoguh I was fairly busy at the time. Imagine my suprise to see Gordon Cundill when I opened the door.

I hunted with his outfitt Hunters Africa in 1990 with my american friend MA who I had also lost touch with, since he moved out of the UK and back across the pond. Gordon Cundill had a fairly bad accident before our arrival in 1990 in a Landrover and was hospitalised for sometime. He has just written a book I think called "Some Lions I have known" published by Rowland Ward. Imagine also my suprise when i received a free copy in the post, which I have at the museum, hence my not being to sure of the title.

Yesterday my old friend from the States MA, found me after searching for sometime and I recieved an Email from him. Now living in Utah, we have another invite to visit for a holiday.

Life, like stalking can be full of suprises

Good to get back in touch with old friends Malc.

Yes, life is full of surprises Malcom and when you least expect it too. I`m Glad you have made contact again.
    Does make you wonder if our lives are somehow mapped out, and it was always going to happen. .