Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody in yorkshire

anybody in yorkshire

Anyone in the york leeds area fancy getting together to do some training maybe once a month or so
    quite blatantly i want to pick your brains , two heads are better than one even if its only deer heads, and it gives a bit of extra motivation
    all my mates are quite happy to shoot deer but dont want the hassle of dogs, unlike me I am quite happy for someone else to shoot if I can work the dog (sad I know must be getting old)

Ha up im close by in not so sunny bradford see what we can do after xmas i have a dog to bring on as well

help with training

Hi Brno,
    We are not quite in Yorkshire but take a look at our site and if you need a hand, give me a ring and I'll offer any advice I can.

is that the hoddam near ecclefecan just a bit outside yorkshire!!!!!
    I pass there on my way to stranraer/port logan
    do you have a shop or is it all online,
    I will take you up on that offer and give you a ring

I did say!

I did say that we were a bit out of yorkshire and as you pass by our front door, it's not too far out of your way.
    We mostly sell online but if you want to pick gear up that is fine by me, i have been known to sell stuff out of my bedroom (but that's a different story!!!)
    Look forward to seeing you.

I am sure we could get away with using Skipwith Common at the back of my house. It is natural deer territory, also has wild sheep and ponies runing loose./QUOTE]

Hi Ian and all

Iam one of the wardens of Skipwith Common and I am rather disapointed to read one of the members here suggesting the use of the countries newest National National Reserve as a training ground for deer stalking. While neither Natural England nor the common's owners Escrik Eastate have anything against huntig per se the disturbance to the wildlife and stock has to be considered. You are welcome to aplly for permision to use the common, although I honestly doubt it will be given. Any unpermitted disturbance of the common, it's stock or wildlife is an offence nder the Countryside & Wildlife Act and may result in prosection

I see this thread is actually a year old, strange how my web crwler that watches for references to the common has only just thrown it up. However my comments stand.

Amberlady i dont think for one moment that this will disturb the wildlife for one minute
    Im not familier with this common, or the peoplewho use it.
    How many successful prosecutuions under Countryside & Wildlife Act have you had.
    For you to come to this website and start thretening people, I dont like the way you go about the managment of this common
    Why dont you offer to meet these guys, they may even dispatch any injured deer you have, from road traffic or lurcher men

Sounds like a good place to train a tracking dog. Might come over and show you how a good tracking dog works . Not tried him on hunting wild sheep and ponies yet but as he will hunt moose, sheep and ponies should be no problem. Do wild sheep taste good?