rifle sling

swarovski

hi all,i am looking for a sling that doesnt slip around on my shoulder,my last ones i made out of horse reins,they worked really well but being narrow they cut in my shoulder after a few hours,i use a t3v with s5 mod which makes it muzz heavy,i can buy wider reins but i will seek advice on a sling off all you first,one of you must use a sling that grips and is easy on the shoulder,atb swarovski

Last edited:
I use a Westley Richards canvas sling and find it works well - occasionally it will slip but for the most part it is comfortable. It is about 2 inches wide and well made as I guess it is designed for a heavy "big bore" type rifle to be used in Africa. It is also very traditional and so a little out of place on my plastic rifle but I don't care as long as it works. The downside is that they are expensive but if I lost it (I can't see me every breaking it unless I'm given to tying up oil tankers with it) I'd probably buy another one.

I've got one of the ruck sack type slings on my moderated 308 that is ok to a point. Still struggling to find one that is comfortable and doesn't slip off my shoulder every couple of steps. Especially when you have a roe sack or similar on (as you can't use the ruck sack type sling with a sack on as well). I shall monitor this thread with interest. If anyone can design one that works they'll make a fortune...

thanks brit but dont think there is one on there i would use,especially the one that clips to your belt,i would spend more time taking it on and off getting through hedges etc,7/8ths horse reins are looking good,ones i made were half inch

I have a niggeloh sling on mine and like it. Its wide and comfortable on long stalks and is rubber on the inside so has plenty of grip. Bit pricy new though.

I use ruck slings, got two. Think they are really comfy and keep the rifle in place well.
Al

Swaro, why not go on HCleathers website, & e-mail Emma, ask her to let you have the details of the Bi-Athlon style sling I had made up by her?

Back