U Caller : I have modded mine with cracking results.

bobjs

ok lads just how far does your U caller work from,
the book says 100 yards, i would love to know how far yours can be placed away from you and you can still operate it,
I have done a modification to mine and the distance we can operate it so far is gob smacking,
so come on lads lets see just how far you can control it from,
bob.

both myself and 1S1K on this forum tested my long range modification last night to see how far it would work and i think it will go further as we could not see mine anymore last night so we had to stop at ... yards :)
this is the caller we are using

if you want to have a guess on far we had it wroking for and for a bit of fun we can see what the results where,

View attachment 10992

flipin L you'r very warm,

i know its to get them closer but if you have a skity one you could still take him at 250/300 with the lamp at night and it means your a bit further away so you don't spook the fox.

bob.

Hi Iain.

if you have a soldering iron and know what to remove and add back in then its a doddle, but there is a wee bit of x tra kit needed,

i hope to be doing this to a mates and i hope to be able to show it in pictures, it costs about £10

i have no problems with it working, i was a bit miffed that it would not work after i drove back about 80 yards, so being a ham radio buff, i thought i would have a look at just how well its made,.

well as normal you get what you pay for, and thats why i got it, to have aplay with it,

so i have now done the mod and im happy with its performance to the degree i took a mate with me to check it was working well.

it was working so well that we ran out of space, so we went and done it on a messured area so that we could be sure we are getting good results,.

if 1s1k on this forum gets his to me so that i can do the mod i will take photos etc and pass on how its done. you need to be good with a soldering iron and a hot glue gun, you will also need a couple of bits, one im trying to find a supply of so that i can pass this on too.

ok i'll let you know how far we got it to work from.

280 yards and i think it will work from further away,

i know we need them close in, but if you can sting the fox a bit further away with a good calibre then you have no problems with being seen heard or for casting a smell etc.

bob.

i have no problems with it working, i was a bit miffed that it would not work after i drove back about 80 yards, so being a ham radio buff, i thought i would have a look at just how well its made,.

well as normal you get what you pay for, and thats why i got it, to have aplay with it,

so i have now done the mod and im happy with its performance to the degree i took a mate with me to check it was working well.

it was working so well that we ran out of space, so we went and done it on a messured area so that we could be sure we are getting good results,.

if 1s1k on this forum gets his to me so that i can do the mod i will take photos etc and pass on how its done. you need to be good with a soldering iron and a hot glue gun, you will also need a couple of bits, one im trying to find a supply of so that i can pass this on too.

ok i'll let you know how far we got it to work from.

280 yards and i think it will work from further away,

i know we need them close in, but if you can sting the fox a bit further away with a good calibre then you have no problems with being seen heard or for casting a smell etc.

bob.

Well, as I am no good with a soldering iron or a hot glue gun then that's me bugrd - but 1st option please if you decide to do it for others and charge for it?

It might even make you a few quid to spend on even more shooting gear!

I have no issue doing it for others at all. I will have a look into it,

sorry caps lockon, im on the phone thing

bob.

Back