Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This weeks Fieldsports Britian episode - Ballistic tips and head shooting

This weeks Fieldsports Britian episode - Ballistic tips and head shooting

After all the debate on here about ballistic tips and head shooting maybe this is worth watching.

Last edited by colly1612; 14-12-2011 at 23:32.
    Vegetarian is an old Native American word meaning Bad Hunter

Just watched it...

bit like all the gear an no idea hey!
    Last edited by chopper; 15-12-2011 at 01:02.

I do practise head shooting in certain situations, but the shot taken at the roe doe with its head turned back towards itself was a very foolish shot to take, followed up by shooting the "trophy" muntjac in the guts, what a load of crap.

Having featured on the same episode I sat and watched in utter disbelief at the shots that were taken - I'm utterly speechless! A headshot roe, taken whilst grooming itself and a spine shot munty, then some footage of a headless munty, what in Gods name are they thinking?

I would not have taken that shot on the Roe doe. I know camera angles can be deceiving, but this does not look like a good backstop.

These programmes are watched by people who want to learn and by showing this footage it shows that taking a shot into a group of trees is a safe thing to do. Which it is definitely not.

They should only show shots where there is a good safe backstop. Actually, nobody should take a shot unless there is good safe backstop.
    Last edited by colly1612; 15-12-2011 at 17:54.
    Vegetarian is an old Native American word meaning Bad Hunter

I'm no vet, but if that munty was a chest shot, then I am off to feed my nephew his bananas
    .308, because if I want to watch something run away, I'll take my dog for a walk.

APPALLING, I had to replay it to make sure I'd seen the shots correctly

It did however, show why varmint BT's such as V Max are not a good choice for meat preservation !

In my opinion head shooting's a NO NO.

Where's the safe backstop !!! is it the trees in the background, I think not DEFINITELY NOT.

I'm actually surprised they would air shooting like this.

Rgds, Buck
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

From what iv seen of the programme, there not bothered what they show just as long as there advertising something, usually the most expensive kit on the market. Just one big advert now. Jobs for the boys.

I don't normally like to jump on the condemnation bandwagon, but the shot placement on the Munty buck was awful, much too high and way to far back. There is no way any organ other than the stomach was hit with that palcement.

The head shot on the Roe was well taken, but the back ground looked dubious in the camera, it might have been different on the ground.

From what I saw, that ground would be well served with a few high seats, shooting prone along an undulating ride is a disaster waiting to happen. There seemed to be a fair bit of dead ground there.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......