Parker Hale

Monument veiw

Im aware that the P H is like marmite you either love it or hate it , With the recession in place i bought one in 243 cal to fill a slot on my cert and have enjoyed its company on a few stalks but have only purchased small amounts of ammo . in the new year i intend to purchase a larger amount . can anyone recomend a make in 100g that works well with the P H .
Ive used winchester and hornaday and achieved 1inch groups at 100m any other ideas or should i stick with 1 of these

Im aware that the P H is like marmite you either love it or hate it , With the recession in place i bought one in 243 cal to fill a slot on my cert and have enjoyed its company on a few stalks but have only purchased small amounts of ammo . in the new year i intend to purchase a larger amount . can anyone recomend a make in 100g that works well with the P H .
Ive used winchester and hornaday and achieved 1inch groups at 100m any other ideas or should i stick with 1 of these
Hi mate, if you are getting one inch groups @ 100 yds with factory ammo thats pretty good,and plenty for stalking/foxing ect, you could try a box or two of other brands to see if you can shrink your groups further,if cost is an issue try some prvi ammo and see if it groups with that, but to be honest unless you happen upon some factory stuff it really likes then reloading is the way forward mate,:tiphat:

I tried Sako 100gn and Privvi but couldnt really get on with it. sako was better than Privii but not by much

my 243 is an PH 1100lwt.
I now reload using Hornday Interlock SP Boat tail and it single holes at a little under 100tds

1" groups from a cheap rifle that is at least 30 years old - what more do you want. If it will shoot like that with bog standard Winchester which is made to the lowest cost possible why go looking for the holy grail. :D

Come on now where are the photos?

of the rifle of course :D which model P-H did you acquire? Some here do like them and love to see them.......................... especially me as you might have noticed.

Parker Hale,, I love em,, my safari 1200 deluxe shoots every bit as good as the Tika t3 it replaced.

how du upload photos on this site ?

I use both Picturetrail (which costs a subscription) and Photobucket (which is free) to store the photos on line and link to them. You can upload to the members gallery on this site. Now if you let us know which way you prefer then we can, hopefully, guide you through it. Don't worry it's not as difficult as it first seems.

I have just replaced scope and rings on a PH safari delux, used 100 g federal to sight it in were ok, the lad I got rifle off swore by Norma.
How is your bolt - mine can be a bit sticky?

No the bolt should not be sticky. How clean is the rifle?

I would check to see the ejector box is clean and free to pivot, then check the extractor and collar for crud build up and also drop the floor plate and try the bolt with it unlatched. Doe the bolt run smoother without the magazine follower rubbing on the bolt. Another problem can can show up is that the extractor has picked up on a burr in the rear bridge, is the face of the extractor all scored up?

Once you discover what is causing it it can be put right.

How is your bolt - mine can be a bit sticky?

sticky how?
where in the travel is it sticking?
if it is at the back of its travel I would put money on the wrong scope mount screws.
the 243 I bought had ones that were to long and protruded into the bolt housing snagging the bolt very slightly at the end of its travel

Back